The Rubber Industry Affecting La Crosse
– … The value of a having a successful corporation in La Crosse is still present on today’s council’s choice of decision. Kwik Trip, a big employer in the area had recently applied for a grant from the city to build additional warehouses around the area. This would’ve created hundreds of new jobs in the area and was approved by the city council. The issue of building a road through the marshes has been debated for ages around this area. Even today there are still concerns over building a road over this wildlife sanctuary….
The Role of the Inspector in An Inspector Calls
– The Role of the Inspector in ‘An Inspector Calls’ An Inspector Calls is a play with many social and political messages. J. B. Priestley believed a great deal in socialism and he used several of his plays to try and influence people to be Socialist as well. It was written in a time when Britain was ruled by a Labour government and socialist policies were seen as the way forward. It was a popular way of thinking at that time so Priestley’s aim for the play was probably to teach the unconvinced. The Inspector in J…. ;
Plastic as a Commodity
– … One aspect of this bags that most governments agree on though, is that they are their use should be controlled. Governments have the power to set laws that prohibit the use of these bags but in most instances, they are reluctant. They have multiple options at their disposal, for example, they can chose of completely ban the use of plastic bags or they can increase their taxation as a measure of reducing their use, but they have done little to this effect. Most governments are hostile when it comes to reducing, or banning both the use and manufacture of the plastic bags…. ;
Synthetic and Natural Rubber
– Synthetic and Natural Rubber Abstract Rubber is an important resource with a wide variety of applications. It can be obtained naturally from the rubber tree, Hevea brasiliensis. It can also be synthesized from petroleum and natural gas. Both natural and synthetic rubbers have their own advantages and disadvantages. Natural rubber is made up the linear chain polymer, cis-l,4-polyisoprene. Styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) is the most common synthetic rubber. It is a random copolymer of styrene and butadiene and has good physical properties once it has been strengthened through vulcanization…. ;
The Role of the Inspector in J.B. Priestley’s play “An Inspector Calls”
– J.B. Priestley wrote the play “An Inspector Calls” in 1945 and set it in 1912. These dates are both relevant because he wrote his play in a world emerging from the Second World War, at a time when people were getting nostalgic about pre-world war one. Priestley used his play to try and show people that the idea of a community in 1912 was gradually being washed away by the upper classes and that the world needed to change rather than return to the egotistical society that existed in pre war England….