A Career as a Psychiatrist
– Becoming a Psychiatrist has interested me based on the premise of helping others. A psychiatrist is a physician who diagnoses and treats mental disorders in his/her patients. A common misconception is that a psychiatrist and a psychologist are the same thing. Unlike psychologists, psychiatrists attend medical school and obtain a M.D. This gives them the power to prescribe certain medications and even specialize into certain fields such as geriatric psychology, which is the specialization into the mind and behavior of aging adults, child and adolescent psychology, which is the specialization into the mind and behavior of children, and addiction psychology, which is the specializ…
A Career as a Psychiatrist
– Psychology is the study of the human mind and its functions. I am interested in psychology because I think it is fascinating how people’s minds work and how they are affected by different things. It is also kind of interesting to try and understand how people think. I already knew that psychologist have their own area where they work and that it not a really hectic environment. I hope to learn if the job is stressful and requires a lot of work outside the scheduled work hours. I set up an interview with Dr….
I Want to Be a Psychiatrist
– Psychiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in treating patients who are afflicted with behavioral, mental and emotional disorders. In order to become a psychiatrist, one must complete medical school and earn a medical degree and state licensing. After earning their degrees and completing residency training, psychiatrists are then able to work with patients. The salary of a psychiatrist can vary depending on in what type of institution he or she may work. With a faster than average growth of employment, opportunities to work in many facilities, and a great amount of needed education, psychiatry is a challenging, but rewarding career….
Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper
– Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper In ancient times, a superstition was once believed by humans that erratic behavior was the possession of spiritually evil demons, that only wizardry or sorcery could mend and cure the mentally ill. In 1808, a man named Professor Johann Christian Reil developed a new medicine field called Psychiatry, meaning the soul or mind. Eventually, the physicians practicing this medical field were known as Psychiatrist (“History of Psychiatry”). As time passed, the field started to evolve and the knowledge expanded becoming one of the oldest medical fields still existing today (“Psychiatrist – DO/MD”)….
Either a Heart Surgery or a Psychiatrist
– … Other benefits include free healthcare at certain hospitals and access to experimental treatments. Becoming a cardiothoracic surgeon is no easy thing to do, as it takes roughly 15 years between college, medical school, residency training and fellowship training. After high school, students who wish to take part in the medical field enroll in a college or university to get trained on a medical- related field or pre-medicine. The courses that students take rely heavily on biology, chemistry, and some physics….