A Day with the County Juvenile Probation Officer
– A Day with the County Juvenile Probation Officer I followed employees of the County Juvenile Probation Department for a day. I spent most of the day with the Victims Information Coordinator (VIC), although I did get to speak with many probation officers as well as the drug counselor in the department. I learned many things while I was visiting the department. For the better part of the day, I spent time with Pat, the Victims Information Coordinator. She is the person that explains the court process to the victims of juvenile delinquent crimes, as well as does all the side work….
Canadian Justice: The Youth Criminal Justice Act
– Youth within the Canadian justice system lose their identities. Their age places them under the jurisdiction of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. The criminal charges identify them as criminals and their “’character traits’ … label [them] for society” (1957:45). Such procedures as pre-sentencing reports, encapsulate their history and reduce the youth to “object[s] of a more or less easy absorption” (1957:45). It is this pre-sentencing report compiled by a probation worker that gives direction to the judge in determining a sentence….
A Career as a Parole Officer
– Parole Officer I am writing on being a parole officer. I am giving information on them. My mom was on probation so I have had my experiences with probation and how positively it could affect one’s life. They focus on keeping people that were in jail under control, when they get out. They need and use the same equipment as a police officer. They have some different equipment then police officers. They make lots of money. There are also different types of parole officers. A person needs at least a bachelor’s degree to become a parole officer….
Wrong Path Right Time: Walking in the Probation Building
– Always into trouble and never got caught, I was always doing something bad or getting into trouble as an eight grader at Campobello Gramiling School. Until one day I was hanging with a group of so called friends; getting high on drugs and drinking alcohol. We decided to go spray paint our school because we were bored and didn’t have anything to do. Well, we went to the school and wrote vulgar language about teachers. We vandalized the new school buses and toilet papered the school. Weeks went by and we thought we weren’t going to get caught….
Past, Present and Future of Probation and Parole
– Past, Present and Future of Probation and Parole In order to study the past, present and future implications of the probation and parole system, I had to study the history of both. I will begin with the history of probation and then talk about the history of parole. I will also talk about how probation and parole work in the present and how and what will happen to both probation and parole in the future. Probation comes from the Latin verb probare which means to prove, to rest. Probation was first introduced to the United States in 1841 when a boot-maker by the name of John Augustus attended court to bail out a drunkard….