Johannes Gutenberg and The Printing Press
– The printing press was invented in 1453. The movable printing technology was invented in China in 1040 but Johannes Gutenberg was able to perfect this technology by creating the Gutenberg printer in 1440. The printer was a movable type. A movable type was where individual blocks could be set up in order to print almost anything. Before this, wooden blocks, carved by hand were used to print things. These blocks would have consisted of what the individual wanted to print which would take an incredible amount of time….
Johann Gutenberg and the Printing Press
– During 1448 a German inventor named Johann Gutenberg changed the world. With many different strategies that he overcame and ways that he could spread his creation, he did it so that the whole nation could experience his brilliant invention. Although, there were many achievements throughout the world that deeply impacted many things that we still use today, the most important achievement throughout technology is the printing press by Johannes Gutenberg. It helped spread the sprouting of religion, books and as well as influencing the public’s opinion throughout articles and newspapers….
Johann Gutenberg and the Impact of the Printing Press
– “Johann Gutenberg and the Impact of the Printing Press” Johann Gutenberg is credited for the invention of the printing press, a monumental advancement in technology that changed the world forever. It has been regarded as, “one of the most important inventions in the history of humankind.” What was once a tedious process, became a fast, easy, and cheap way to produce great quantities of books. It granted public access to a wealth of knowledge never seen before. Rapid spread of ideas was the catalyst of social and cultural revolutions, the consequences of which are still apparent today….
A Brief History of The Printing Press and Communication
– … Over the years, the digital newspaper industry had grown exponentially and is expanding continuously, it has become a major role in communication and information distribution. In this essay I will examine the difference between digital and printed newspapers, how digital newspapers affect the printed newspaper’s circulation. And ultimately discover the future of hard-copy newspaper. The production of hard-copy newspaper requires expensive equipment, but there is no equipment requirement on the user’s side….
Larger than a Paper Jam: The Future of 3D Printing
– … Three-dimensional printing is also making an impact in the business world. As 3D printing is used primarily to create small, plastic objects, it is logical that it would be used in manufacturing retail items. Blueprints for 3D printer objects increase every day, and with the implication they pose to the retail industry, it is only natural that a company like Walmart would turn to 3D printing (Hauer). Walmart is projected to dominate a large portion of the 3D printing industry by 2020, utilizing it to complement the company’s mass produced and more complex electronic sales such as smart phones (Hauer)….