Career as a Military Officer
– Career as a Military Officer I. Text research Definition: A military officer, a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, is responsible for the protection of U.S. citizens. This is a broad responsibility however and each officer has a distinct role that (s) he plays in the maintenance of national defense. As a member of the military, an officer signs a contract and must serve a number of years before retirement is possible. There are five branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. The Army is the senior service and fight mostly on land….
Public Misunderstanding Of “officer Safety”
– Public Misunderstanding of "Officer Safety" How many times have you been pulled over by a police officer, and when the confrontation was complete you said to yourself, "Boy, was he rude!" or "There was no need for him to treat me like that." Well, unfortunately, the public is prone to misinterpret an officer being safe for being rude. Unfortunately, the actions taken during a "routine" traffic stop which are interpreted as being rude are necessary steps that insure the safety of both officer and civilian….
Police Officer Stabbing a Colleague
– COP STABS COP Street brawl after night out drinking A POLICE officer stabbed and beat a close colleague during a quarrel on a street in Port of Spain on Tuesday night. The attack took place after the two officers had a night out drinking and liming with some of their colleagues. The group, all off duty, was walking along Independence Square when PC Sherwin Thomas, attached to the Police Band was assaulted. Thomas said the reasons for the assault were unclear and the attack had nothing to do with either of them wanting to end their friendship….
Costs and benefits of free speech and press
– Freedom of speech and press, or freedom of expression, are “fundamental rights”. Without these freedoms a truly free society cannot exist. By definition, they allow the citizens to communicate their ideas both verbally and in print. There are many advantages, as well as disadvantages, that an individual receives these rights. However, as with most constitutional freedoms, free of expression can be limited under certain circumstances. The First Amendment in the United States Constitution states ?Congress shall make no law?abridging the freedom of speech, or the press?….
Johann Gutenberg and the Printing Press
– During 1448 a German inventor named Johann Gutenberg changed the world. With many different strategies that he overcame and ways that he could spread his creation, he did it so that the whole nation could experience his brilliant invention. Although, there were many achievements throughout the world that deeply impacted many things that we still use today, the most important achievement throughout technology is the printing press by Johannes Gutenberg. It helped spread the sprouting of religion, books and as well as influencing the public’s opinion throughout articles and newspapers….