Issues Surrounding the Migrant Farm Worker
– … However, the health problems migrants and their families face because of their low-income status and unfamiliarity with the culture are compounded by a migratory lifestyle and the inherent dangers and health risks involved in their occupations. Stress and depression is a concern among migrants which may be related to isolation, economic hardship or the environment which can hinder their productivity. The pressure imposed on laborers by their employers, often as a result of their own economic pressure, to continue working despite chronic pain or illness begins to take its toll on their overall health….
Dennis Potters’ Blue Remembered Hills
– Dennis Potters’ Blue Remembered Hills A.E. Houseman’s poem looks back at childhood as a “land of lost content” meaning that when you are a child you are innocent and you don’t have a care in the world. Also he says that childhood is a “happy highway where I went / and cannot come again” meaning that they are the best years of your life but you can never go back there. Dennis Potter took the poem and turned it in to a play about a group of children who were on there school holidays in the forest of dean in Gloucester….
Worker Health and Safety in Bangladesh
– Workers Health and Safety Not only do the United States Companies have obligations to workers who produce apparel they market. More importantly, these Americans businesses have authority to correct unlawful violations. In addition, customers rely on merchants’ good will and standing when evaluating the makers of their products. For example, according to Sherman (2013), those global clothing buyers, mainly the United States companies, have a job to execute guaranteeing security of Bangladesh’s apparel workers”….
The Folk Potters of North Carolina
– Imagine you are watching someone spin a mysterious brown block on this odd contraption which they operate with their foot. Their hands are constantly touching it, shaping and forming it into something that you can’t quite tell what it is. They turn all of their concentration to make every single detail so precise. This is the beauty of pottery making. Some people find it hard to believe that a clump of sticky, dry, squishy, chalky dirt can be transformed into a beautiful vase, bowl or plate. Something ugly and old can be turned into something valuable and colorful….
A Career as a Sheet Metal Worker
– … 17) Maintaining, fabricating, and installing thin sheet metal products are some other things that sheet metal workers do. (“Sheet Metal Workers.” para. 9) Even though sheet metal is mostly used to make HVAC ducts, it is also used to make rain gutters, outdoor signs, and metal siding. (“Sheet Metal Workers.” para. 9) Sheet metal workers use bonds, metal drive clips, caulks, solder, rivets, cement, bolts, and welds to fasten seams together. (“Sheet Metal Worker.” para. 2) Using shears, hammers, punches, and drills, sheet metal workers fabricate and alter parts….