Anonymous and Counter Culture
– “We are #Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget #ExpectUs #MillionMaskMarch #OpVendetta #UK”. That message is from the many tweets off of Twitter that the group Anonymous. That message has been one of their many slogans. In Anonymous’ case how do you have an all-encompassing slogan when you have no structure or hierarchy. When you are just a loosely aligned group of internet users how do you become an international group that is an example of an alienated counter-culture Anonymous is many things….
The Vietnam Counter-Culture
– For some it was all about knowledge and enlightenment. For others it was the drive to show that they were not puppets under the marionette master. But for the masses, it was just what the other kids were doing. Yet, when it really all came down to it, regardless of what they were representing, the youth counter-culture of the 1970’s was quite powerful. Who would have thought that the youth who in all previous wars had heeded their parents call now rejected and abandoned their ideals and almost formed their own sect in the political spectrum….
The Suffering Griselda in The Clerk’s Tale
– In Geoffrey Chaucer’s “The Clerk’s Tale,” from The Canterbury Tales, Chaucer describes a “perfect wife.” This wife, Griselda, is totally submissive to her husband, and seems to have no regrets or remorse for anything he makes her do. Griselda’s husband, Walter, puts her through many trials in order to test her dedication and loyalty to him. He takes away both of their children, telling her that he is going to have them killed. He then tells her that he is divorcing her and taking another bride. After this, he forces her to prepare the new bride for him. Through all of this, Griselda loves Walter without fail, meets his demands without any word of disapproval, and remains faithful…
Summary and Analysis of The Clerk’s Tale
– Summary and Analysis of The Clerk’s Tale (The Canterbury Tales) Prologue to the Clerk’s Tale: The Host remarks that the Clerk of Oxford sits quietly, and tells him to be more cheerful. The Host asks the Clerk to tell a merry tale of adventure and not a moralistic sermon. The Clerk agrees to tell a story that he learned from a clerk at Padua, Francis Petrarch. He then praises the renowned Petrarch for his sweet rhetoric and poetry. The Clerk does warn that Petrarch, before his tale, wrote a poem in a high style exalting the Italian landscape….
Microsoft Office 365
– … This package also enables companies to have up to five devices per users access the office applications. This version costs $12.50 per month per user (billed annually). Medium Business: This is an upgraded version of Small Business Premium with the addition of the InfoPath desktop application and Active Directory integration and Self-service Business Intelligence. This plan is $15.00 per month per user (billed annually). Office 365 Advantages Microsoft’s Office 365 will provide Marten Printing with the ability to have up-to-date versions of Office, without having the need to heavily invest in information technology to deploy a company-wide network with servers and application software….