– The stop-and-frisk policy could be considered a big controversy facing New York in recent times. The whole concept behind this stopping-and-frisking is the police officer, with reasonable suspicion of some crime committed or about to be committed, stops a pedestrian, questions them, then if needed frisks the person. This policy started gaining public attention back in 1968 from the Terry v. Ohio case. A police officer saw the three men casing a store and he believed they were going to rob the store; this led to him stopping and frisking them….
– Officer fatigue Officer fatigue can be a quite serious problem for police departments. Excess fatigue will generally reduce alertness, decrease performance and worsen mood. These symptoms can reduce officer’s performance and safety with potentially life-threatening effects. Patrol officers are expected to remain alert and able to resolve complex, emotional, and potentially dangerous situations. They are expected to be able to multi-task, as well as stay alert during periods of inaction. These activities can be quite difficult for a fatigued officer to complete (Vila 1996)…. ;
Police Officer’s Over Using their Power
– … The idea of Uwagbale 2 deadly force should only be used in the case of to protecting against death or grievous harm and when no less violent means are available. The police officer’s actions are often decided in a chaotic split second, and high-pressure setting and tend to be immediately scrutinized by the families, witnesses, the media and the public. Unfortunately, most opinions about the situation are formed before the full facts are known. But it is important to remember that police officers are among the most accountable professionals in Canada, therefore they are expected to always justify each of their decision to use force and if their actions are deemed wrong, they…
Career as a Military Officer
– Career as a Military Officer I. Text research Definition: A military officer, a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, is responsible for the protection of U.S. citizens. This is a broad responsibility however and each officer has a distinct role that (s) he plays in the maintenance of national defense. As a member of the military, an officer signs a contract and must serve a number of years before retirement is possible. There are five branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. The Army is the senior service and fight mostly on land….
Unified Command, In Need of Training Staff Officer?
– Rear Admiral Cornelio A. de la Cruz Jr. AFP said,”to develop its human resources to become professional citizen-soldiers imbued with proper values and relevant expertise through purposive and progressive education and training.The AFP does this by ensuring a number of highly qualified and competent personnel at all levels, in support of the shift of its mission from internal security operations to territorial defense, within the framework of modernized Armed Forces.” (J8, 2013) Generally the mission of the unified commands is to conduct joint operations against threats in their respected areas in order to established a secured environment, and assist local government in their development ac…