A Career as a Police Officer
– It would be fulfilling to be a police officer because police officers help people in the community and keep it safe. They also enforce the law. They are the reason why people can live their lives in peace. If there is anyone in the community that citizens can trust it would be the police officers. Police officers have to accomplish many things in their workday. (Career Cruising.com) They have to write detailed reports and fill out forms.(Career Cruising.com) They are responsible for making sure that people obey the law and are kept safe at all times.(Career Cruising.com) They also observe the activities of suspects.(Career Cruising.com) Cops have to gather facts and collect evidence from…
Evolution of the Police Officer
– Police officers serve and protect the people in their community. The earliest police force was established around the 1750’s. Although the first police force in the modern sense came to be over 250 years ago, the purpose they had is the same as today. As with the rest of the world advancing and progressing, the police force has advanced in many ways which have made them a more efficient and capable unit, in order to more fully accomplish their purpose of serving their community. In the next few paragraphs you will learn how training, equipment, work environment and techniques have changed and evolved in the police force….
Interview to a Police Officer
– Born and raised on the Big Island of Hawaii, Captain Sameul Jelsma of Pahoa Police Station has served as a police officer for more than two decades. He is the commander of the station and he oversees the lower Puna district. Before he joined the Hawaii Police Department, he served in the US military. When he was in the army, he decided to come back and serve his own community. He was initially enlisted as a patrol officer but his commitment and hard work rewarded him with promotions as the result of which he became a captain….
Evaluation of Police Officer Candidates
– Workforce selection practices have become more prominent over the years, particularly with law enforcement recruitments. This enhanced use of process selection allows for more advanced methods of assessing police officers. One reason for this extreme emphasis on selection systems is the elimination of unqualified police recruit applicants, thus ensuring that monetary resources are not wasted on the ill-equipped (Cochrane., Tett., & Vandecreek, 2003). Several factors impact the potential success or failure of police recruits, including tertiary studies; efficient communication skills; previous moral and ethical behaviour and psychological adequacy of recruits….
From Warrant Officer to Police Officer
– After completing the GEMS essay it was determined that I am an Upward Mobile Analyst; a technical expert. I agree with the conclusion that was made based on my responses to the survey. As a Warrant Officer in the Army National Guard I am expected to be a technical expert in my field, radar systems. I am also expected to be an expert in my career field as a police officer. I am expected to know the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and how to judiciously enforce them. I strive to learn and retain everything I can in order to be the most proficient soldier and police officer….