Oil & Plastics and Sustainability
– How is this method used to help produce chemico-technical products (fuels,solvents, etc). The fractional distillation is when the crude oil get separated to a different parts, called fractions. The fractionating column is used to separate the crude oil, at the beginning the crude oil is heated at the bottom, that makes the hydrocarbon molecules to act very fast and separates from each other. Because the fractionating column have different boiling points, the consist in the crude oil allows to be separated using fractional distillation….
Commonly Used Composites and Their Characteristics
– The word ‘composite’ does not fully explain the wide range and varied compositions of materials that are categorized under it. This paper deals with some of the commonly used composites. Common materials such as metallic, ceramic and polymers consists of substances that can be classified as composites. The steel family, which is considered as the biggest group of material that is used in construction and complex engineering, is composed of composites that are made out of soft metallic matrix and hard ceramic components….
– For many years, aircraft designers had proposed theoretical concepts that they could not build because the materials they required were not yet in existence. The expression “unobtainium” is often used to classify resources that are sought after, but not yet available. For example, large air vehicles like the space shuttle would have been almost impossible to construct without heat-resistant ceramic tiles to protect them during reentry into the earth’s atmosphere. Composite materials have become extremely useful and since been adapted for aviation….
– I want to say one word to you. Yes sir. Are you listening . Yes sir, I am. PLASTICS . – The Graduate (1967) 1. Definition of Plastics Plastics can be defined as used materials which are primarily based on two materials, polymers and prepolymers (Elias, 1993). However, the previously mentioned definition suffers from a serious weakness as it does not explain the basic method of how plastics are made. A better definition of plastics is that they are “synthetic materials composed of a series or chain of molecules which, when heat or pressure is applied, can be formed into desired shapes” (Lincoln et al….
– A. Extraction Plastics encompass most disposable items that American use daily, such as plastic water bottles, food containers, and trash bags. Plastics are cheap, lightweight, strong, tough, and corrosion resistant and have high thermal and electrical insulation properties (Thompson et al, 2009). 3-4% of world oil and gas usage is used to manufacture plastics and 4% is used as a component of plastics. Plastics are mostly derived from petrochemicals produced from fossil oil and gas (Thompson et al, 2009)….