Plastic as a Commodity
– … One aspect of this bags that most governments agree on though, is that they are their use should be controlled. Governments have the power to set laws that prohibit the use of these bags but in most instances, they are reluctant. They have multiple options at their disposal, for example, they can chose of completely ban the use of plastic bags or they can increase their taxation as a measure of reducing their use, but they have done little to this effect. Most governments are hostile when it comes to reducing, or banning both the use and manufacture of the plastic bags….
Negative Effect Plastic has on the Environment
– In 1862, Alexander Parkes unveiled an invention, a compound known as celluloid that would change modern history. This is the first known plastic compound to demonstrate the ability to mold when heated and maintain its shape once cooled. While the chemical compounds have evolved over the years, so have its uses and our dependency on them. If we look around our room today, we can see that nearly every product in our house either consists or was built by some form of plastic. This dependence raises some alarming questions….
Investigating Plastic Degradation due to Sunlight
– All plastic types fall under a code no, known as an SPI code (as devised by The Society of the Plastics Industry), based on their chemical composition. As some plastics are more easy to recycle than others. Polyethylene Terephthalate ( PETE or PET) it is the most commonly recycled plastic. High-Density Polyethylene, or HDPE. HDPE products are very safe and they are not known to transmit any chemicals into foods or drinks. Plastic labeled with an SPI code of 3 is made with Polyvinyl Chloride, or PVC….
Why Koreans are Obsessed with Plastic Surgery
– A Brief History of Plastic Surgery As early as 600 Before Christ (BC) was the beginning when a Hindu surgeon experimented on reconstructing a nose using a piece of cheek. By 1000 Anno Domini (AD), Rhinoplasty was quite familiar because of their barbaric custom of cutting off the noses and upper lips of one’s enemy which sign their victorious towards enemies. In the 16th century, “The father of plastic surgery”, Gaspare Tagliacozzi had reconstructed the slashed noses by transferring flaps of upper arm skin….
Bioplastic: Replacing All That Plastic
– … One method of manufacturing it is fermentation using bacteria. Fermentation is a process in which bacteria break down sugar in the absence of oxygen. The bacteria used the sugar as energy, and produce various as by products. Lactic acid fermentation is a type of fermentation. It uses crops such as corn and beets because they naturally contain a big amount of sugar. Lactic Acid can be converted into a bioplastic by a process that links the molecules together into long chains. This makes a polymer by a process called polymerizing….