The Keystone XL Pipeline and the Miseries Following It
– The Keystone XL Pipeline and the Miseries Following It It is well-known throughout the country that oil prices keep rising and rising and in a highly-developed country that is in need of oil for various reasons there are people who are willing to do essentially anything in order to get that considerably needed oil in any way, shape, or form. However, when it comes having something as destructive as a tar sands oil pipeline, the United States should not authorize the Keystone XL Pipeline to import tar sands oil from Canada because it can subsequently be threatening to our environment, economy, and especially to our health….
An Extension of the Keystone Pipeline Should Be Approved
– An extension to the current Keystone Pipeline, which transports crude oil from Alberta, Montana, and North Dakota to refineries in Oklahoma, has been proposed. The Keystone XL will create an 875-mile pipeline infrastructure that would allow delivery of up to 830,000 barrels per day (bpd) of crude oil from Alberta, Canada, and the Bakken Shale Formation in the United States to Steele City, Nebraska and onward to Cushing, Oklahoma, and refineries in the Gulf Coast (EIS, 2013). The extension to the current pipeline is estimated to be 3.3 billion in the United States and construction would start in 2015….
Worker Health and Safety in Bangladesh
– Workers Health and Safety Not only do the United States Companies have obligations to workers who produce apparel they market. More importantly, these Americans businesses have authority to correct unlawful violations. In addition, customers rely on merchants’ good will and standing when evaluating the makers of their products. For example, according to Sherman (2013), those global clothing buyers, mainly the United States companies, have a job to execute guaranteeing security of Bangladesh’s apparel workers”….
The Expansion of the Keystone Pipeline XL
– Politicians, the President, and American citizens have been debating on whether or not to build the Keystone Pipeline XL (export limited) extension for years. The mastermind behind the project is a home based company in Canada called TransCanada. This company operates “57,000 kilometers of pipelines dedicated primarily to transportation and distribution of natural gas, storage for a fraction of this gas, and generation of electric power” (McElroy). Having invested more than $900 million in safety programs according to the article “Five reasons why Keystone XL benefits the U.S.,” TransCanada wants to build this section of the pipeline as a “direct link between Hadisty, Alberta and Steele Cit…
Designing a Gas Pipeline
– … (O. A. Almisned, 2002 ) Moreover, in this research a gas pipeline is designed taking into account the fluid type, transportation distances, diameter, wall thickness, material selection and other properties to determine the criteria for the pipeline. A computer programming Pipesim simulator is a steady-state, multiphase flow for designing and badge investigation of gas production systems. in addition to, the programmer investigates flow line and performance of surface facility to produce full production system analysis….