Working as a Physiotherapist in the UK
– Working in the United States is already exciting, there are plenty of states and specialties to choose from. While my husband and I plan to travel around the US, we also plan to travel to the United Kingdom since he holds a British passport and his entire family resides there (not to mention the beautiful countryside). I have decided to research in advance how to transfer my education so I am able to work as a physiotherapist in the UK. To be a qualified physiotherapist, the applicant must apply to the Health Professions Council (HPC)….
Health and Wellbeing
– Health and well-being is a high priority in current health and social care provision. The importance of promoting health and well-being is due to the dramatically increasing trend of morbidity and mortality from health problems, illness and chronic disease. Physiotherapists have potentially a significant role in the multidisciplinary health promotion arena. As physiotherapists can promote health in dynamic of ways and make contribution to the community. The promotion of health to enable individuals suffers from illness or has chronic conditions to improve their potential for healthy living….
Physiotherapists Must Promote Health and Well-Being
– Health and Well-Being is a high priority in current health and social care provision. Physiotherapists own the responsibility to promote health through physiotherapy practice. The promotion of health to enable individuals who have chronic conditions or are disable to maximise their potential for healthy living. The practice can be reflected on medical, behavioural change and educational approaches. “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” (World Health Organization, 1946) While well-being means a lack of illness and disease, the ability to maintain your mind and soul in a state of balance….
Sports and Pediatric Physiotherapy
– … After injury as occurred they also assist with the rehabilitation aspect. Sports physiotherapists have a broad spectrum of clients, ranging from jockeys, swimmers, rowers, footballers, and athletes to tennis and rugby players etc. Clients can be either professional or recreational sports people. Each sport is linked to different injuries as a result of different sets of muscles being used. After the assessment and evaluation stage, a sports physio has a number of key objectives for treating sports injuries, these are generally tailored to specific individual needs….
Physiotherapy Theory and Practice
– Problem list: • Grade 2 strains of distal right biceps femoris. • This is the second time he has injured his right biceps femoris. • He has a history of left knee MCL sprain. • Employed as a full time soccer player and therefore his family will depend on him for money • Two young children that depend on him financially. • Will his club continue to pay him even though he is injured. • He will find it hard to carry out every day activities that are expected of him being a father of two young children….