A Career as a Pharmacist
– Introduction Most people describe their pharmacist as a white, middle aged bald man standing behind a desk counting pills 9 to 5 five days a week. However, most people fail to realize that the new and upcoming pharmacists are being equipped with the knowledge in college to be able to come out from behind their desk. These pharmacists are getting on the floor to recommend medicines based on their own specialization of drug effects, dosage and content and physical symptom analysis. According the Dan Brony in his article “Causes of Prescribing Errors in Hospital Inpatients: A Prospective Study” with many chronic conditions like asthma and migraine headaches are under diagnosed and not medicate…
Training, Education & Qualifications of a Pharmacist
– The job of a pharmacist has changed greatly over time. Instead of mixing and bottling pills all day, a pharmacist now works with patients daily to help them get healthier while giving them medicine that they may need. Training after college is needed, similar to most jobs in healthcare such as dentistry and nursing.The schooling needed for pharmacy is rigorous but rewarding, as the six to eight year process challenges students, but builds their knowledge of science, math, and patient care so that they can succeed in the field….
Treating Diseases with Drugs: My Career as a Pharmacist
– My strong desire to pursue a career as a pharmacist originates from my interest in how drugs are involved in the treatment of diseases. My fascination with medicine has motivated me to further increase my knowledge and understanding of how drugs may be safely delivered into the human body through various methods. In particular I am most interested in the uses of nano technology in the health care industry and how nanotechnology is used in medical industry for prevention, treatment and diagnosis, hence my pursuit of a career in pharmacy….
Becoming a Pharmacist
– Putting together a puzzle is comparable to the road in becoming a pharmacist. It involves patience, thinking from many different perspectives such as using trial and error to find the solution. As a freshman in college, I was doubtful about what to major but suddenly one day, I witnessed my mother’s deteriorating health due to her suffering from high blood pressure. This made me feel pity and if there was a way out of everything, I was willing to take that path to help her. During my visit in Vietnam, I also encountered many close family members who were sick due to many types of illnesses….
Career Research Project: Pharmacist Responsabilities
– One of my goals after I have finished high school is to attend pharmacy school. Pharmacy is the career that I want to pursue and have been for a couple years. The reason pharmacy interests me is mostly the setting, having options of working in a hospital, community pharmacy, or even a laboratory. My main interests in school involve math and science, which pharmacy is mostly composed of. My main goal I hope to achieve in life is to attend pharmacy school, graduate, and then become a licensed pharmacist….