My PhD: The Conservation Biology of Shorebirds
– The main direction of my PhD is to reveal why shorebirds are declining. I propose to use a combination of research methods (fieldwork, GIS, phylogenetic analyses), because learning these methods will be highly beneficial in my career as conservation biologist and academic. I have only decided about 3 papers, each should be suitable for a chapter. The direction of further chapters needs to be discussed as I go along. Chapter 1. Why are shorebirds declining. Comparative tests of intrinsic and extrinsic variables on threat status and population trends Shorebird (sandpipers, plovers, gulls and allies) populations are declining globally, driving many species to the brink of extinction (Zockler et…
Careers to Pursue with a Hospitality Management Degree
– Hospitality Management is the study of the hospitality industry. “A degree in the subject may be obtained either by a university college dedicated to the studies of hospitality management or business school with a relevant department “(Google). In most cases when asked about hospitality management people generally think about hotels, but In fact the hospitality industry is huge. There are nearly 1 million food service operations in the United States, and nearly three hundred thousand hotels. With so many job opportunities such as casino/gaming supervisor, travel agent, event planning, and even executive chef the demand for graduates is easy to see….
– In his well researched, intriguing and engaging article, Dr. Herve This uses his expertise to explain molecular gastronomy to scholars and amateur readers, in a credible and trusting manner. As a Physical Chemist at The Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique at AgroParisTech, This researches the scientific components of cooking. Today, This remains the “father” of molecular gastronomy, making him a credible source to discuss this topic using the investigation of culinary processes through chemistry and physics….
Analysis of a PHD Student?s Research on Investment Inequality
– Summary: In “Economic Elites, Investments, and Income Inequality” from the academic journal, Social Forces, graduate Ph. D student from Ohio State University, Michael Nau presents throughout his study the rise of an additional factor that has evidently influenced the concentration of vast amounts of income among the elite class, income from investments. In this era, the common belief is that demographics, labor market institutions, and technology are causing the inequality to rise and for the elites to produce astounding amounts of income….
A PESTLE Analysis of the UK Hospitality Industry
– In this essay I will be discussing and critically analysing each element of the PESTLE analysis within the hospitality industry, with examples to reflect each point. Also this essay will discuss how marketers should adapt to changes in the macro-environment. The PESTLE analysis is a marketing principle used to understand the relation between a company and the external environment. Murray-Webster (2010:88) states PESTLE analysis will help to capture understanding about aspects of the context by using the prompt political, economic, sociological, technological, legal and environment….