The Pros and Cons of Social Media
– My favorite part of growing up was playing night games with the neighborhood kids and awaiting my father’s vociferous shout to get inside for dinner. Older generations know even more about the familiar experience of playing outside with their peers until the sun set. It would seem as though the fluorescent youth could not be stopped from staying out late. However, in light of new technological advances in social media, a new “hang out” spot has become increasingly popular right from the security of one’s computer room. Instead of being yelled at for dirtying their acid-washed jeans outside, today’s youth are yelled at right from the kitchen for spending too many hours hanging out with th…
Communication and Media
– Communications and Media. Micro-Blogging In China The media fraternity and communications departments are rapidly growing and improving in the quality of services they offer. This growth is largely attributed to technological developments and advancements. In this paper we seek to establish whether the shifts in technology have had any impact on people. We base our study on whether the use of micro-blogging (Weibo) has affected how Chinese citizens use the old media and how Weibo and its users have influenced the reporting of news events in china since it came into being in 2009….
Digital Media And Strategic Communication
– For the purpose of this essay, new or social media can be defined as the participatory online media that create and spread information in a democratic and collaborative manner. Social media uses technological tools and applications that enable people to connect and share opinions, news, and knowledge. A few prominent examples of social media applications are Wikipedia (reference), MySpace and Facebook (social networking), YouTube (video sharing), Second Life (virtual reality), Digg (news sharing), Flickr (photo sharing) and Sharenow (media sharing)….
My PhD: The Conservation Biology of Shorebirds
– The main direction of my PhD is to reveal why shorebirds are declining. I propose to use a combination of research methods (fieldwork, GIS, phylogenetic analyses), because learning these methods will be highly beneficial in my career as conservation biologist and academic. I have only decided about 3 papers, each should be suitable for a chapter. The direction of further chapters needs to be discussed as I go along. Chapter 1. Why are shorebirds declining. Comparative tests of intrinsic and extrinsic variables on threat status and population trends Shorebird (sandpipers, plovers, gulls and allies) populations are declining globally, driving many species to the brink of extinction (Zockler et…
The Role of Communication and the Internet in Society
– How are Americans being informed about the government. How do young adults form political opinions. The public communication is an important factor in today’s government. Politian’s, board leaders, organization leaders and members of each community all need to project their message effectively in order to operate in society. The way the public interacts and how it is applied to the social aspects of American leadership greatly impacts American citizens. Public communication is a very large topic to talk, also the definition will change as the technology level change….