What It Takes to Become a Police Officer
– … So it is very necessary to know how to write well and know what you are writing. You also need thinking skills such as decision making having this skill allows you to generate alternatives such as considering risks, evaluate and choose the best alternatives. Having this skill can help you out on the field as a polices officer because never know what could happen that will need you to make a fast decision on the spot. Having this skill is very important because it helps people or in this case the police officer to identify and choose other alternatives which could help any situation go smoothly….
Building Trust In Your Leadership Among Your Subordinates: A Personal Approach
– “The glue that holds all relationships together – including the relationship between; the leader and the led is trust, and trust is based on integrity.” This wise statement from Brian Tracey embodies the synergistic relationship between leaders and followers that this paper will focus on. According to the course textbook, leadership can be defined as “the process of influencing an organized group toward accomplishing its goals.” (Hughes, Ginnett & Curphy, 2009, p.4) Although this statement is valid, it is my firm belief that it is a leader’s responsibility to do make a positive impact in a subordinate’s life….
Personal Privacy and the Government
– The United States government is up to its ears in the personal information it has collected from its citizens. Americans are becoming increasingly “aware of these slowly eroding walls of privacy,”(Hirsh) and more than half polled admit concern “about the overall accumulation of personal information about them “by […] law enforcement, government, […] and other groups,” though “they accept it as an unavoidable modern phenomenon” (Hirsh). The question is, how far is too far to trust the government with the collection, proper storage, and usage of this information….
Attaining a Job as a Clerical Officer
– Attaining a Job as a Clerical Officer The person specification describes job qualities which are essential and desired in order to do the Clerical Officer job to the standard which Durham County Council want. Qualifications and experience are shown in phase 1, and phase 2 shows the personal qualities, these are then split into essential and desired qualities. This allows candidates and Durham County Council to quickly judge whether or not they are appropriate for the job. The benefit of it is that it is easy to follow so that applicants know what Durham County Council require and allows the candidate to assess themselves before applying for the job which means they…
Ted Conover?s Newjack and on Becoming a Correctional Officer
– … But being a good CO isn’t just about good accountability, it’s about trying to be a mentor and role model to some people that may have not had a chance to learn better things or trades. People that didn’t get the opportunity in life to obtain a GED, or college education. The prison system is working towards a reform type approach which CO’s Conover did discuss that it takes four to five years to become a good Correctional Officer. I can see what he means with this. To be able to understand the prison life and realize that there is an adjustment period for CO’s to learn the ropes of his job….