Traits of a Successful Speech Pathologist
– … When a therapist takes on the patient’s perspective they can modify therapy to the patient’s circumstance and developmental level. Taking on the another person’s perspective will also help speech therapist sympathize with the patient increasing positive goal outcomes while creating a strong communication bond. Conjointly speech therapist must posses the ability to problem solve. Speech therapist work with a heterogeneous group of people therefore it is imperative therapist to take the proper steps to solve the problems that they may face….
Why I Became a Speech Pathologist
– … In addition, I facilitate the child’s communication in the classroom and ensure carryover of activities between the classroom and individual speech therapy sessions. Every week I contribute and participate in meetings with the educational team to discuss each child’s progress using Cottage Acquisition Scales of Speech, Language and Listening (CASSLLS). I currently have a deaf child in my class that was recently unilaterally implanted. This child had no language but showed progress of pre-verbal behaviors….
Stuttering: A Speech Disorder
– Have you ever thought about how we talk and what causes us to say those words the way we say them. Well a speech pathologist does. Their entire job focuses on how and what causes people to speak the way they do. Most people have no problem with speaking but some do. There are several disorders in speech, one being stuttering. Most people do not understand the importance and the difficulty of learning how to cope with the disorder of stuttering. This speech disorder can affect numerous aspects in a patients’ life and can cause embarrassment, or even possibly lower some people’s self-confidence level; to some people stuttering isn’t just an aspect in their life, their life revolves around the…
What Constitues Good Teaching?- My Future as a Speech-Language Pathologist
– An individual’s concept about what constitutes “good teaching” may differ depending on their own beliefs and experiences. As a current student who hopes to work in the school system, I believe there are a variety of traits that represents “good teaching.” One important aspect of “good teaching,” is the ability to clearly state what is expected of their students. The teacher has to talk on a level that the students will understand, especially young children. Students must be informed of the necessary tasks and goals that are required for them….
The Role of the Procurator Fiscal and Forensic Pathologist in Sudden Natural Death
– The World Health Organisation (WHO) describes sudden natural death as ‘death within twenty four hours of the onset of symptoms’ (Payne-James et al. 2011, 54). However in reality sudden death can occur within minutes or even seconds of many symptoms. The investigation of sudden natural deaths is vital to establish the cause is due to natural causes rather than criminal or medical negligence where a trial and prosecution may be necessary. This essay reviews the roles of the Procurator Fiscal and the forensic pathologist in relation to sudden death and looks at two common natural causes of sudden death; pulmonary embolism and cerebrovascular disease and how they might be identified by post-mort…