Rembrandt: Master Etcher and Painter
– Walter Bagehot once said “The best history is but like the art of Rembrandt; it casts a vivid light on certain selected causes, on those which were best and greatest; it leaves all the rest in shadow and unseen.” Rembrandt had a unique way of grasping a person’s personality and emotion by expressing it on his canvasses. Rembrandt who spent most of his life in the Netherlands is known as one of the most famous Dutch artists in history. While many know Rembrandt for his paintings, Rembrandt is considered to be one of the most famous self-taught etchers in history….
Looking Through the Eyes of the Faultless Painter
– Andrea del Sarto’s title in Browning’s eyes should be considered “the faultless painter”. For del Sarto, capturing something beautiful is worth almost anything. But del Sarto finds himself trapped between two identities: That of a husband to his wife, and that of an artist to his patrons. Andrea del Sarto recognizes that his work as a painter often distances him from his wife, but he also recognizes that his love for his wife has reduced his capability to paint subjects as they are. Of course, del Sarto himself is presenting only his side of the story, that of a man who is trying to support his wife with his work; it would be interesting to see Lucrezia’s side of the tale…. ;
Characteristics of an Effective Helper
– There are many attributes to being an effective helper. An effective helper, in essence, should be genuinely caring, have a calm manner, have a sense of humor, be a clear thinker, be highly dependable, honest, use common sense, be objective and not subjective, be self-confident, be self-aware, have a positive attitude toward life, have respect for others, exhume warmth, show flexibility and openness (Mental Health of Refugees, 1996). These are the basic characteristics of an effective helper…. ;
Homework: A Helper or a Hindrance?
– … In the late 1960s, the value of homework was questioned because educators and parents were concerned that homework interrupted recreational and social activities, thus affecting the mental health of children (Cooper Robinson Patall). Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, homework was endorsed again because there was a need to reinvigorate the declining educational standards, especially in the United States(Cooper Robinson Patall), and the renewed belief from research that homework produces academic benefits (Cooper 1989)…. ;
Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper
– Psychiatrist: The Human Mind Helper In ancient times, a superstition was once believed by humans that erratic behavior was the possession of spiritually evil demons, that only wizardry or sorcery could mend and cure the mentally ill. In 1808, a man named Professor Johann Christian Reil developed a new medicine field called Psychiatry, meaning the soul or mind. Eventually, the physicians practicing this medical field were known as Psychiatrist (“History of Psychiatry”). As time passed, the field started to evolve and the knowledge expanded becoming one of the oldest medical fields still existing today (“Psychiatrist – DO/MD”)…. ;