Theatrical Sound Designer
– Theatrical Sound Designer The sound designer is responsible for handling the audio requirements of a theatrical performance. This includes the creation of sound effect cues, sound reinforcement, mixing, and possibly Foley. “Sound designers develop the aural, or sound, cues crucial to play’s mood. Running water, traffic, the murmuring of a crowd or the strains of music are the kinds of sound effects used as an integral part of a production.” (Mauro p.96) Along with the creation of sound, the sound designer must work in concert with all members of the design team from the lighting designer to the set designer, in order to create a total package….
Paul Rand: Father Of Modern Graphic Design
– When Paul Rand died at age 82, his career had spanned six decades and numerous chapters of design history. His efforts to elevate graphic design from craft to profession began as early as 1932, when he was still in his teens. By the early 1940s, he had influenced the practice of advertising, book, magazine, and package design. By the late 1940s, he had developed a design language based purely on form where once only style and technique prevailed (Heller). Rand did not set out to be a radical. Trained in the commercial art bullpens of New York City, he thoroughly understood the needs of the marketplace, while at the same time frowning on esthetic standards that impeded functionality….
Designer Charles Eames’ Design Icon: The Eames Chair
– The Eames chair designed by Charles Eames in 1955. Charles Eames was born in 1907 and dies in 1978, the Eames chair was named after the designer itself it took 80 years for prototype. Eames was best known as the designer responsible for many classic iconic designs of the 20th century, Eames was born in St Louis, Missouri and studied architecture at Washington University, he got married in 1941 and moved to California to set up a ground breaking design studio. The chair was design for exterior use however it became very popular as an office chair…. ;
Walmart Compensation Package for its Employees
– … The most beneficial is internal consistency, it defined each position, and employees are paid based on skill level and qualification. Internal consistency encourages trust with people; it is a sign that a system has been designed, and not patched together. When an employer pays the wages of the internal value of the each job, depending on the work performed the employee is getting paid for the service rendered. Typical factors are considered such as educational requirements, experience and overall responsibilities necessary for the job functions (Romanoff, Boehm, & Benson, 1986)…. ;
The Bush Stimulus Package
– The Bush Stimulus Package President Bush has just unveiled his new $674 billion economic stimulus package. The Democrats, although they have little chance of getting it passed in the GOP-controlled Senate, have countered with a plan of their own, with a much lower tab of $136 billion. The centerpiece of the Bush plan is arguably the elimination of the tax on dividends paid by shareholders, which makes up a hefty $364 billion of the entire sum. The reasoning is that it is unfair to tax corporate earnings once and then again tax them when they are paid out as dividends to shareholders…. ;