Agency: The Domestic Violence Shelther and Services
– … Domestic Violence Shelter and Services, Inc. put emphasizes on empowering victims/survivors as opposed to receiving power from outside sources. DVSS operates under the premise that society benefits from victims/survivors relying on their inner strength and living a life free of violence and fear. The DVSS staff models the philosophy, values, and mission of the agency through the interactions with clients, volunteers, the community, and each other. All staff and volunteers must read and sign a statement that they acknowledge the agency philosophy (M….
Social Worker and Their Code of Ethics
– According to the Preamble of the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers, “the primary mission of the social work profession is to enhance human wellbeing and help meet the basic human needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty.” National Association of Social Workers. (approved 1996, revised 1999, 2008). Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers. Washington, DC: Author….
Why I Want to be a Social Worker
– My interest in social work stems from a love of volunteering that I possessed ever since I was a young child expressing great enthusiasm for church and school service events. As I grew older, I began volunteering for many other community events, such as serving over 200 hours at a local hospital, helping with free cancer screenings, and fitting children with free bike helmets. I even created my own donation drive for a local women’s and children’s shelter. I feel the best when I am striving to create positive changes in my community and for struggling, marginalized individuals….
– Worker’s compensation is a form of insurance that provides replacement of wages and medical services to employees injured during the course of employment.1 The system is administered and regulated on a state-by-state basis. In the state of Florida, employees must report an injury or accident within 30 days of its occurrence to their employers. Following acknowledgement of the accident, the employer must report the injury to the insurance company within 7 days.2 The insurance company must determine if the work-related injury is covered under Florida law…. ;
The Older Worker
– The Older Worker The workplace for older adults is becoming a dynamic space rather than a unidirectional journey leading to retirement. Work life for older adults is situated in a dynamic pattern of periods of active employment, temporary disengagement from the workplace, and reentry into the same or a new career. The new older worker is developing a third stage of working life, the period beyond the traditional retirement age and final disengagement from the work role. The third age of life has been associated with choice, personal fulfillment, and liberation (Soulsby 2000)…. ;