Education as a Tool Against Nonnative Aquatic Species
– Water is one of the most essential resources in the world. It provides electricity and allows products to be shipped from remote recesses of the globe. However, one issue that comes with transporting goods from distant countries is the native species that get transported in the ballast tanks or attach themselves to the outer hull of the ship that is traveling. Ballast tanks are spaces in the bottom of ships that are filled with water to increase balance. When ballast tanks are filled with freshwater from their port of exit, there is a possibility of small larvae, called veligers, and even adult specimens being pulled into the tank….
Analysis and Description of Aquatic Therapy
– Aquatic Therapy refers to treatments and exercises performed in water for physical rehabilitation purposes. Aquatic therapy uses water as a therapeutic benefit for individuals. The water acts as a form of resistance and aids in improving ones function, flexibility, range of motion, strength, balance, aerobic capacity and endurance, gait and locomotion, and pain management. Due to the buoyancy of the water and its non-gravitational forces, aquatic therapy offers a form of exercise which does not put stress on an individual’s joints or spine….
The Aquatic Ape Hypothesis (AAH)
– Evolution and natural selection, two of the most influential scientific discoveries in biology to date, capable of unlocking our past and answering questions of how we became the way we are. However, our understanding of human evolution is hindered when pseudoscientific ideas refuses to yield to legitimate theories. One such idea is the aquatic ape hypothesis (AAH) which attempts to explain a number of human adaptations with the single explanation of a semi-aquatic ancestor. Proponents use incorrect “facts” and logical fallacies such as straw men, appeals to authority, and false comparison in their arguments….
Foot Injuries in Sports Medicine
– … Getting a correct diagnosis (Knowing what is actually wrong) is the first step in successfully treating a foot problem. Stress fractures are a possibility when there is pain, but no outward sign of injury. This injury is most common in the second metatarsal, but can happen in any bone of the foot or ankle except the smaller toes. Repetitive pressure, often without proper conditioning, can cause a crack in the outer layer of the bone. Shoes and insoles that do not fit well, and not enough calcium in the diet can cause this problem….
Microalgae as a Live Food for Feeding of Aquatic Organisms
– The use of microalgae as a live food for feeding of aquatic organisms well documented by several researchers (Cho and et al., 1999; Zhu, et al., 1997; Luyen, et al., 2007; Rivero-Rodriguez, et al., 2007; Duerr, et al., 1998; Brown, et al., 1997). In mariculture, microalgae either directly support all growth stages of bivalves, and larval stages of crustaceans and fish or indirectly are fed to artemia or rotifers, which are then fed on to later larval/ juveniles stages of crustacean and fish larvae through providing essential nutrients and other growth promoting factors (Cho and et al., 1999).Therefore, the nutritional property of microalgae offered to feed aquatic animals is crucial especial…