– The discovery of natural gas is not something new in fact it’s older than what most think, it was discovered in 1626 by French explorers, but until 1785 people didn’t know how to use it. Britain was the first to commercialize the use of natural gas; they used it to light firehouses and streetlights but this gas was produced by coal, in 1859, a former railroad conductor dug the first well, his name is Edwin Drake. The first specifically dug well to obtain natural gas was dug in Fredonia, New York by William Hart….
Drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
– “Too often in politics, there are fallacious either/or arguments put up as a justification or an excuse for an action or view which is skewed in such a way as to suggest that there is only one acceptable choice.” Peter Garrett. The United States, and much of the world is dependent on oil, a dying resource. Oil supplies are limited and fossil fuels are becoming increasingly hard to extract. The debate over drilling in environmentally important areas is a heated one. Each side of has their own opinions and proof that their argument is without a doubt, the only way….
Oil Exploration on Anticosti Island
– Since 2001, Hydro-Quebec were doing oil exploration on Anticosti Island.Seven years later, they had found nothing. In 2008, Petrolia, a private petroleum producer, sign an agreement with Hydro-Quebec to continue the oil exploration and about the money that Quebec will receive if they find oil. Petrolia discovered for $75 billion of petroleum and Quebec will receive a small amount of $2.3 billion. Petrolia has the right to extract oil everywhere on the island except in the two national parks. Should we take the risk to break a fragile and unique ecosystem in order to gain money on a short-term….
– Petroleum Systems I. Introduction This paper covers a very interesting topic for people who are keen on the geological concepts to the discovery of petroleum. The subject matter itself covers research findings on how related areas in petroleum discovery can be appreciated by students in this particular field; more so, by ordinary people who may or may not have a deeper level of understanding and appreciation about the wealth of the earth, particularly on petroleum….
How Oil and Water Forged Modern Saudi Arabia by Toby Craig Jones
– The Middle East has been a central topic of discussion over the past decade, majority of which have been under a negative light. In particular, Saudi Arabia has come into the spotlight due to the recent increase of gas and oil prices. Typically the country has been observed through the lense of Islam and its economics of oil. Aside from these basic components that directly relate to the political affairs of the country internally and internationally, other aspects that also contribute are usually overlooked….