Transformer Oil Quality/Oil Filtration
– Most substation transformer failures, excluding acts of man or nature, can often be traced to poor maintenance of the transformer or its related components. Catastrophic failure of a substation transformer can be prevented by accurately testing the condition of the oil on a yearly basis and by having a monthly visual inspection program in place. Most of the checks on a substation transformer are relatively simple: checks for oil leaks, oil level, temperature, the operation of the on-load tap-changer, etc….
Oil Boom in the Middle East
– At first sight, the viewer will notice the group of three men herding their camels in an environment which looks very hot and arid. By examining the three men more closely, the viewer will notice the style of clothing they are wearing. All three men in the picture are wearing some sort of head piece and a rob-like style of clothing which is similar to a dishdasha and a shalwar kameez that Muslim men wear. In the background of the picture, the viewer will notice a growing city with many infrastructures being built….
Compare Mill and Kant’s Ethics
– Kant’s Ethics may best apply to modern business. Kant said right action based on a set of moral rules, and the right action is supposed to be the one that conforms with these rules, whereas certain other types of action are morally forbidden. He also suggests that people should be treated “with respect and as ends in their own right, not solely as means to other’s ends.” On the contrary, Mill’s ethics only concern about the happiness of majority instead of duty itself. Thus, the question how could Kant’s “austere” system do better for business needs than Mill’s flexible business ethics….
Business Law: The Oil Pollution Act
– 1. The United States government and Congress have implemented various legislations in order to hopefully reduce oil spills and aid in the clean up, should an oil spill occur. The Oil Pollution Act (OPA) was signed into legislation in August 1990. The OPA improved the nation’s ability to prevent and respond to oil spills by establishing provisions that expand the federal governments’s ability, and provide the money and resources necessary, to respond to oil spills. The OPA also created the national Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund, which is available to provide up to one billion dollars per spill incident….
Oil Spills: Effect on Wildlife
– Almost every year ocean wildlife, birds and other animals are killed or seriously injured due to tanker ship oil spills that could be prevented. Oil spills happen mainly due to captain and crew errors. As they travel across the ocean they become careless, non-observant, and make simple mistakes that cost millions of dollars as well as the lives and habitats of animals in the area and farther. Although, there are many other reasons for oil spills such as weather conditions, illegal dumping, countries at war or terrorists attempting to get a countries attention….