Veterinary Technologists: The Nurses of the Animal World
– Veterinary Technologists are like the nurses of the animal world. They are the right hand man or woman to the Veterinarian during routine check-ups and surgeries. They perform the tasks of prepping for surgeries, animal restraining, and preparing samples for testing. These are relatively easy tasks that are being performed, but in certain situations Veterinary Technologists may have to step up to perform more advanced procedures, especially in rural towns. The question is: Why aren’t Veterinary Technologists able to be certified and licensed to perform these procedures….
Should the United States Make English the Official language?
– According to the 2011 census, over 20.8 percent of the United States population spoke another language other than English (www.us-english.org). Language barriers, cultural differences, and immigration have been a part of life in the United States for decades. Language is considered a vital tool in the construction of someone’s identity and an expression of culture. In the last 200 years immigrants have chosen to make the United States their home, but some proceeded with caution by slowly adapting to the English language and culture….
English Should Be the Official Language of the United States
– English as the official language of the United States could benefit the U.S. Government and America as a whole. America has long since been a multicultural nation and has been an English speaking nation since it was founded. The constitutional and federal documents are all in English, which furthers the American people, believing English should be our official language. The majority of states already have English as their official language, for English has always provided a much needed cohesion to our diverse citizens since it was founded….
Zoological Veterinarian and Zoological Medicine
– A unique expertise that some students choose to pursue after veterinary certification is in the field of zoological medicine. Those who pursue this line of work go on after accreditation to “serve in responsible positions as zoo and wildlife veterinarians, teachers, researchers, government officials, and administrators of other relevant programs fostering high quality medical care for non-domestic animals and are actively involved in the discovery of new knowledge in the discipline and the dissemination of this knowledge to the veterinary profession and public” (“ACZM”)….
The Work of a Veterinarian
– Are you passionate about pets. Maybe you should think about becoming a veterinarian. The job outlook for this field is good. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, employment of veterinarians is expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations through the year 2012.(pg.121) Veterinary practices are your average everyday local animal hospital, dealing only with domestic animals unless the hospital specializes on a specific type of animal. Rural veterinarians deal with the larger animals such as livestock and any average farm animal such as cows, pigs, goats….