Why I Want to Be an Occupational Therapy Assistance
– … As I complete my major, I will also be gaining work experience during my Externship. Through this experience, I will have the opportunity to participate actively in my field of work interest alongside my mentors who are OTs and OTAS and gain the hands-on training I will need in order to begin my career as an OTA. A few of the advantages working as an OTA includes job security, work variety, a high-paying salary, increasing job openings, and good working conditions. Disadvantages in this field include having full-time work schedules; strenuous physical activity and physical strength such as helping patients through lifting, walking, and exercise that is required during treatments and proc…
– An occupational therapist is a trained and licensed health care professional who can make a complete evaluation of the impact of disease on the activities of the patient at home and in work situations. Hobbies and recreational activities are considered when an assessment is made. The most generally accepted definition of occupational therapy is that it is an activity, physical or mental, that aids in a patient’s recovery from disease or injury. The Occupational therapist takes a history from the patient by conducting a thorough interview….
Occupational Therapy Career Options
– … The assistant uses computer programs to help patients improve the following: Decision making, problem solving, and memory. They help clients perform exercises as specified in a treatment plan and teach them how to use equipment that may make certain activities easier. An assistant works under the supervision of the occupational therapist. Also an assistant records the patient progress and monitors the patients to make sure they are performing the activities correctly. The education requirement to be an assistant is to have an associate degree and a license that is a national certification in most states….
Physical Therapy Assistant
– Introduction The medical field is expanding ever so rapidly in today’s society. In the field of Physical Therapy one needs to have the understanding of how the human body works and the injuries one body could sustain. I have chosen a career to help others to battle back from life-changing injuries or surgeries. I will take the first step of joining the medical field by obtaining a physical therapist associates degree. I will become a Physical Therapist Assistant. Career Description Physical Therapy Assistants work under the direction of a Physical Therapist….
The Role of the Assistant Practitioner
– … As they were often expected to work as an HCA for one shift then step up to the role of AP the next. There was conflict with RN’s over roles that had historically been their responsibility and that they felt were inappropriate the AP. Such as catheterisation; IV cannulation; wound care and handover at shift changes. In Spilsbury et al. (2010) findings, this led to some RN’s to voice concerns that the situation was taking a step backwards to the old two tier level of nursing with State Enrolled Nurses….