The Norwegian Health Care System
– The health care system of Norway is committed to providing health care services for all citizens regardless of income and to the principle of equal access to services. Accordingly, the health status of Norwegians is one of the best in the world, ranking much higher than that of the United States. The health care system in Norway is organized in three levels: local, regional, and national. The local level is represented by 434 municipalities; each municipality is responsible for providing all the services under primary health care to their population….
My Interview With a Public Health Nurse
– “A public health nurse is a nurse who works to promote and protect the health of an entire population” (Allender, Rector, & Warner, 2010, p. 839) the public health nurse I chose to interview was Barbara, she currently works for the Health department and has been there for three years. During the interview Barbara discussed the requirements for a public health nurse. The individual must have the ability to exercise independent judgment, planning and able to administer safe effective public nursing care….
Health Care Systems in Finland, India, and Germany
– Finland In Finland the Ministry of education and culture has responsible for planning the curriculum in health care education. (http://www.minedu.fi/OPM/Koulutus/ammattikorkeakoulutus/hallinto_ohjaus_ja_rahoitus/?lang=fi). In Finland the levels of health care professional education are polytechnic degrees, polytechnic master’s degrees, professional specialisation and other adult education, open polytechnic education and vocational teacher training. When You apply in polytechinc degree student You have to be graduated from an upper secondary school or have matriculation certificate or a vocational qualification or corresponding foreign studies…. ;
Becoming a Nurse
– As of 2008, there were about 753,600 Licensed Practical Nurses and 2,618,700 Registered Nurses in the United States (U.S. Department of Labor, 2010-11). In the year 2018, the LPN employment percentage is expected to rise 21% while the RN rate should be approximately 22% (U.S. Department of Labor, 2010-11). This may not seem that high, but it is, when one considers that the expected employment rate for a Dentist is only expected to be 16% (U.S Department of Labor, 2010-11). Nursing is a highly respected and sought after career because every person that enters this profession is able to make a difference and is needed by the general population for his/her skills and contributions to the medica… ;
Selye’s General Adaptation Syndrome Theory in Cardiovascular Disease
– When adapting nursing care for particular clients, it is important to consider applicable theories used in guiding practice. Hans Selye’s theory of general adaptation syndrome or stress response for instance, is helpful to consider when caring for patients whose challenges may be partially caused or exacerbated by many overlapping factors within both the internal and external environments. Important also to nursing is the metaparadigm which forms the framework of nursing theories. The metaparadigm for nursing revolves around the concepts of the client as recipient, the environment, health, and nursing, all of which can be used in discussing any nursing endeavor (Berman and Snyder, 2012, Chap… ;