Patients Acceptance of Nurse Practitioners
– Nursing is a broad field with limitless possibilities; one of those possibilities included is a nurse practitioner. A nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse that is capable of furthering care for patients. Nurse practitioners are able to see and treat their own patients, plus be a part of collaborative care. When patients visit the physician’s office, most are now being treated only by a nurse practitioner and may never actually see a physician. Although Nurse Practitioners are highly capable and educated to administer care to patients in all settings; patients are becoming unwilling and somewhat reluctant to be seen by anyone but a physician….
Nursing Profession: The patient-nurse Relationship
– The nursing profession is one that provides care, collaborates with others, and provides education in a variety of different settings. I choose to work in the field of nursing to advance my career from an operating room technician to a medical-surgical nurse. I enjoy the sensation of helping others and assisting with the surgical fixation of a medical complication. The American Nurses Association (ANA) created the nursing code of ethics to ensure proper moral care, goals, values, and professional obligations of the nurse where known….
Transitioning from Nursing Student to New Graduate Nurse (NGN)
– Transitioning from academic nursing student to Registered Nurse/New Graduate Nurse (NGN) within the healthcare environment is a challenging task for many NGNs. They may encounter a number of challenges, such as the following: transition shock, professional isolation, lack of clinical experience, stress, lack of a support network and cultural incompetence. At the end, this essay will discuss the rationale for developing my two most important goals for the next twelve months. I presume the role transition from academic nursing student to Graduate Nurse will be challenging and rewarding….
Working as a Registered Nurse (RN) for Holmes Regional Medical Center (HRMC)
– Holmes Regional Medical Center(HRMC) is one of 4 hospitals in the Health First family. Has a long history dating back to 1928 that has seen many periods of growth through out the year. Although they have seen many changes one thing remains the same and that is that they take care of their employees. HRMC offers competitive pay rates and benefits packages. Growth both personal and professional growth are encouraged and supported. The appraisal process is fair and the employees know what the goals and expectations are for themselves and their co-workers….
Nurse to Patient Ratio, Nurse Burnout and Patient Satisfaction
– Working in long-term care can be overwhelming. Imagine you are a new graduate nurse putting your new found knowledge and skills to practice for the first time. Your orientation lasted three days which is standard for nurse home orientation compared to hospital orientation that last approximately six to eight weeks for new grads. The shift has just begun and already you have a new admit, new found pressure ulcer to assess, a possible medication reaction, several new orders to take off and eight patients to document on for varying reasons….