Selecting a Disciple-Maker’s Message
– Introduction Message selection, for the disciple-maker, is an all-important endeavor. Effective disciple making does not just simply happen. Happenstance cannot be and should not be the modus operandi of one who desires to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. People are fragile and the Gospel is powerful. God has entrusted his fragile people with a powerful Gospel message. As people who have been entrusted with such a powerful Gospel, we should do everything within our means to see that it is presented in a positive and successful manner…. ;
Ken Sande’s The Peace Maker
– Ken Sande’s “The Peace Maker” A “biblical guide to resolving personal conflict”, this, in a nutshell is what “The Peace Maker” is all about. In this critical book review I will be taking topics from the book and giving the reader my personal views on how I either reacted or related to the topics covered. My goal for this paper is to give the reader a non-biased opinion of “The Peace Maker”, which was published by Baker Books in June of 2004. To first critique a book you must have some background information on the author himself and why he is qualified to write a book on conflict management through a biblical perspective…. ;
Reflection in Iris Murdoch’s Under the Net
– Reflection in Iris Murdoch’s Under the Net In her novel Under the Net, Iris Murdoch examines the nature of reality through the thoughts and relationships of the novel’s main character, Jake Donaghue. A recurring theme in the novel is the idea of reflection, in both senses of the word: Jake is continually thinking about ideas, and he is also forever trying to see himself as he really is. Many of the instances of reflection in the novel occur near rivers or are connected in some way to currents….
The Nightmare Maker
– Chapter Four: He looked me in the eyes as I listened to what he said. “So I think you are in grave danger with the other nightmare makers because they want to know what you do to get through the dream catchers,” he finished. I nodded slowly, I felt his eyes on me as I began to walk back to my desk. “That’s it!. You’re not going to worry at all?” he asked me with a pitch of anxiety in his voice. I lifted my eyes slowly after I turned around. Once I met his eyes there was a bit of humor in my voice when I said, “Worry….
Music is My Mood Maker
– Freidrich Nietzsche stated that “without music life would be a mistake” I tend to agree with his viewpoint. To imagine my world devoid of music would certainly be unsound; a place where melodies and voices could not meet to mold my mood. It would become a colorless planet shaped ball of blacks and whites. A sad, backwards state of being where happiness could not be downloaded; and people were docile and droll. A world without music… Are you mad. Music has the supreme power to elicit emotions in extreme polarity….