Tito Puente’s Latin Music
– Tito Puente’s Latin Music When deciding what to focus on for our final presentation, we knew it had to be of interest to both of us, as well as something we would want to share with our students. Growing up in “traditional” Hispanic households where we heard cultural music, we decided our project would stem from that….
How Latin Musicians Have Influenced The Global Sound of Music
– Tito Puente, the Jazz musician, composer, arranger and cultural icon, is known, variously as “king of timbales and mambo”, “sultan of salsa”, and most famously as El Ray – the King – of Latin Music. His Latin identity is often emphasized in a way that is somewhat unusual for Jazz musicians. Indeed, Ella Fitzgerald, or more recently, Diana Krall, do not have their cultural backgrounds so heavily stressed. Perhaps the emphasis on culture stems from the fact that Puente is Latin Music’s most prominent Jazz musician….
Tropicalia: Not Just Music
– Tropicalia is not only know as a form of music in Brazil but as a rebellion. Its theme of cultural non conformity was strengthened by the idea that Brazil had lost its way. Tropicalia took a stand against the social and musical hierarchy of Brazil. Though mainly known as a form of Brazilian pop music Tropicalia is deeply rooted in the political and cultural background of Brazil. In 1967 Caetano Veloso felt that the Brazilian Popular Music after the appearance of Bossa Nova eight years prior had run out of energy and creativity….
Becoming a Music Producer
– Becoming a music producer can mean discovering and helping make the careers of artists. However, it takes time, effort, training and contacts. That’s because a music producer has plenty of responsibilities during an album’s production, both on the creative and the business looks sides. The producer supervises all aspects of the recording process, from helping to select songs to contracting with session players and deciding the sound of the song, selecting the studio and engineers, booking studio time and overseeing the recording budget….
George Gershwin’s Influence on 20th Century Music
– George Gershwin was arguably the greatest influence on 20th century music. Gershwin’s music was composed of both popular and classical musical genres, but his most popular refrains are extensively known. Gershwin’s work have been used and heard in many movies, plays including Broadway, and fit for television. George Gershwin today remains one of the greatest and most influential musical composers and pianists of all time. On September 26, 1898, in Brooklyn, New York the legend was born. George Gershwin the son of Russian-Jewish immigrants…. ;