What It Takes to be a Museum Curator
– Nature of the Work Being a museum curator involves time, dedication, and good management skills. A museum curator is responsible for items in a museum that belong to the museum or are being borrowed. They decide when an object is sold/,lent, exchanged, or bought. Aside from managing objects and displays, curators are also in charge of planning public outreach events and programs, such as lectures or tours at the museum. They are also in charge of arranging workshops and classes, finding and hiring interpreters or translators, collecting and keeping track of important documents, writing articles for websites or newspapers, budget managing and planning, training new staff members, and many o…
Exploring The Natural History Museum
– The Natural History Museum is extraordinary place to explore and learn. It’s fun and breathtaking. The museum served as an agricultural fairground from 1872 until 1910. The original structure of the building from the 1913 and today’s structure are combined with a blend of many styles. Like a Spanish Renaissance ornamentation in the terracotta trimmings. There is a Romanesque style in the arched windows and the brick walls. The Beaux-Arts tradition is a T-shape floor plan. The building measures 75 feet in diameter with three wings….
Charactersitics of a Museum, Questions and Answers
– … After being chosen, all the items need to be preserved for future generations under proper conserving conditions such as good light, air conditioning, suitable humidity, etc. Furthermore, a museum can be charaterised by the organisation of temporary exhibitions and the rotation of permanent collections, which need to be managed (inventories, catalogues). The success of this public institution depends a lot on a way its collections are managed. In my opinion, visiting a museum can be not only educating but also leisure activity….
Oriental Institute Museum
– I had an opportunity to visit the oriental institute museum . During my visit to the museum I was made aware of its location and the importance of it to chicago. The museum housed many exhibits of historical value dating civilization back to the paleolithic period of 2,500,000-100,000 B.C. Below you’ll find examples of mans rise through the use of tools and refined skills from cave living to structured living throughout evolution. This is an experience that has grounded me to a new interest in structures that we have devised to become the homes we use today for the rest of my life…. ;
My Trip to Saint Petersburg Dali Museum
– … The guide then informed us that it was Gala who helped to manage Dali’s career acting as his agent. Not only was his love for Gala shown in his art but also her tenacity reflected in several of the pieces on display featuring her. Several of the paintings on display this year either in the Morse Family collection or on loan to the museum were discussed on the tour to included a painting Dali did about the age of 15 after his mothers passing and his fathers marring his deceased wife’s sister…. ;