My Trip to Saint Petersburg Dali Museum
– … The guide then informed us that it was Gala who helped to manage Dali’s career acting as his agent. Not only was his love for Gala shown in his art but also her tenacity reflected in several of the pieces on display featuring her. Several of the paintings on display this year either in the Morse Family collection or on loan to the museum were discussed on the tour to included a painting Dali did about the age of 15 after his mothers passing and his fathers marring his deceased wife’s sister….
Charactersitics of a Museum, Questions and Answers
– … After being chosen, all the items need to be preserved for future generations under proper conserving conditions such as good light, air conditioning, suitable humidity, etc. Furthermore, a museum can be charaterised by the organisation of temporary exhibitions and the rotation of permanent collections, which need to be managed (inventories, catalogues). The success of this public institution depends a lot on a way its collections are managed. In my opinion, visiting a museum can be not only educating but also leisure activity….
The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
– With exhibitions of the most thought-provoking art, The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago is one of the Nation’s largest facilities devoted to the art of our time (“About the MCA”) . The mission of the MCA is to offer a direct experience to the public of modern day art and living artists. German architect Joseph Paul Kleihues designed the new building with seven times the square feet of its previous facility (“The Building”) . October of 1967 the museum opened its doors to the public for the first time….
Collections in a Museum
– … Acquisitions should showcase Singapore’s history and heritage. These can be from a Singaporean’s perspective which imparts knowledge to visitors. The mission statement provides a mechanism for focusing and directing the functions and activities of the collections, for setting priorities, and for determining resource needs. A mission statement helps guide priorities and decision-making. Assessment must be done to determine the current strengths and weaknesses of the existing collection. Any proposed acquisitions should be able to address the limits in the existing collection or plug any gaps in the collection….
The Queens Museum in New York
– … The museum is known for international contemporary art exhibitions that reflect the hyper-diversity of the borough. The museum’s Education Department is the first in America to employ art therapists in a dedicated, fully accessible classroom. The Queens Museum is simultaneously a fine arts collecting museum, historical site, community center, and educational classroom. Museum hours are September to June are Wednesday to Friday: 10 p.m. to 5 p.m; Saturday and Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. In the summer (July 18 – September 5) Wednesday to Sunday: 1 p.m….