The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
– With exhibitions of the most thought-provoking art, The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago is one of the Nation’s largest facilities devoted to the art of our time (“About the MCA”) . The mission of the MCA is to offer a direct experience to the public of modern day art and living artists. German architect Joseph Paul Kleihues designed the new building with seven times the square feet of its previous facility (“The Building”) . October of 1967 the museum opened its doors to the public for the first time….
Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center Museum
– What is the purpose of this museum. The Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center in Hutchinson, Kansas houses the second largest collection of U.S. space memorabilia in the country, second only to the Smithsonian’s Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. The Cosmosphere is also home to the largest collection of Russian space memorabilia outside of Moscow. The Cosmosphere is also one of three museums in the world that has spacecrafts from all three early manned U.S. space programs. The Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center grew from humble beginnings….
Choosing Museum Exhibits
– All across the world there are hundreds of museums filled with history, information, exhibits, and famous documents. A variety of museums display artifacts of a mix of several cultures, historical events, famous people, and art work in the entire museum. Rather than having several different attractions, some museums are dedicated to showcasing exhibits based on a specific topic of history or interest. Therefore, museums with the purpose of educating people of a certain topic should only display artifacts, pictures, documents, and other such attractions germane to the museum’s theme of interest….
What It Takes to be a Museum Curator
– Nature of the Work Being a museum curator involves time, dedication, and good management skills. A museum curator is responsible for items in a museum that belong to the museum or are being borrowed. They decide when an object is sold/,lent, exchanged, or bought. Aside from managing objects and displays, curators are also in charge of planning public outreach events and programs, such as lectures or tours at the museum. They are also in charge of arranging workshops and classes, finding and hiring interpreters or translators, collecting and keeping track of important documents, writing articles for websites or newspapers, budget managing and planning, training new staff members, and many o…
Metropolitan Museum of Art Trip
– One of my personal favorite days of this semester was the class trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. It was a long journey to get there, especially with having to walk all the way from Penn Station, but it was a nice day so I couldn’t really complain. Plus, it was worth it because I love museums. The Met is absolutely beautiful, inside and out. I could not believe how big it was and how many galleries there actually were. I can’t wait to go back and see all of them. Our trip mostly focused upon Greek and Roman art, and I found it to be thoroughly interesting….