From Driver to Owner: A Comedy of Trials
– … The downside, however, is that these establishments, much like a used car lot, tend to offer older, well-worn equipment. Much of their stock may have mechanical deficiencies. With the driver responsible for the mechanical maintenance and upkeep on his equipment, this may ultimately become cost-prohibitive over time, leaving him with difficulty in making his payments, be they weekly or monthly. Additionally, due to the in-house financing option, the interest may be very high, or the down payment required might be beyond what the driver is capable of producing….
Moving to St. Paul
– You never know where life will take you next. Moving was one of those times for my family and I. Living up in Duluth, Minnesota and graduating from Harbor City International Charter School, was a big achievement. It was my first really big accomplishment in life, but little did I know I had much more to pursue. Moving down to St. Paul, Minnesota was my next big step after graduating. I have never moved before so I was in way over my head, and did not know what to expect. Living with my mom Deb, and having her take care of me all my life….
A lesson from a truck driver
– A Lesson from a Truck Driver This story is about a lesson that my friends and I learned from a truck driver. It was a fine day when two of my best friends and I were walking home from school. We were in second grade and just immature as everybody else in our age. As we were walking on the sidewalk I found a big sucker on the ground. I wanted to have some fun and told one of my friends, Junghee, that if he is brave enough, he could throw that sucker and hit a car driving by. He hesitated for a while and I started to make fun of him for being such a chicken….
Callie Khouri’s Thelma and Louise – Moving Beyond the Male Experience
– Even in today’s growing world of feminism, young girls, as well as grown women, are being taught by the media to organize their lives around men. Their needs, expectations, work schedules, ideas, and interests become second to the men in their lives. All too often the media associates power and status to men, only to strengthen the barriers between the male and female genders. Take for example Hollywood, where “women get only about a third of all movie and TV roles, and last year earned less than male actors in all age categories…”(Eby, 1)….
A Career as a NASCAR Driver
– NASCAR is a multibillion dollar family owned and operated sports industry. It was founded by Bill France, Sr. in 1947-48. From 1947-48 NASCAR has changed and developed throughout the years. Having a career as a NASCAR driver and racing competitively can be the best thing for a person who loves to drive fast.7 Of course, to become a driver for the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing, you would have to start from the bottom and work your way up to professional racing….