Moving to St. Paul
– You never know where life will take you next. Moving was one of those times for my family and I. Living up in Duluth, Minnesota and graduating from Harbor City International Charter School, was a big achievement. It was my first really big accomplishment in life, but little did I know I had much more to pursue. Moving down to St. Paul, Minnesota was my next big step after graduating. I have never moved before so I was in way over my head, and did not know what to expect. Living with my mom Deb, and having her take care of me all my life….
Alteration in My Life: Moving to America
– There are many unfair things in this world. Some people are born rich and live in luxury, while some people are born into a poor life that people are suffering. All of us may live in a different life, but we also have one common thing before that. We are all born into this world to live once and we die when the time comes. While living our lives, we all taste contentment and depression. In this process, we sometimes meet moment of enlightenment and life can change in an instant. When I was young I was an active child….
Understanding Friendship through the Staircase Model
– Relationships can have different forms such as between two lovers or between parent and child. There are many times in a relationship when it goes downhill due to lack of communication. Most fundamental form of relationship is Dyad where two people engage in communication of shared history and personal nature. Ruben and Stewart (2006) supports, “In any dyad, unique language patterns and communication patterns develop that differentiate that relationship from others”. One can easily see the dyadic relationship between friends….
Moving to Chicago and Learning to Negate Stereotypes
– The blaring noise of taxicabs and buses honking their horns at each other woke me. I looked around in awe, still blinking the sleep in my eyes away. The sheer number of people was astounding, and the noise. This was not Bowling Green, Kentucky. I finally realized that we had arrived to Chicago, the Windy City. It was during the summer of 2005. My family and I were going to move from Bowling Green, Kentucky, a small town in the Bluegrass State. My dad had secured a new job in the large city of Chicago….
Moving Away from Keighley
– In the early 1990’s my family decided to move house. We lived in Keighley near Bradford and surrounding areas. I spent many of my younger years there. I remember my neighbourhood to be nice and peaceful. We lived in a very quite area away from all the busy roads. It was always warm with a cool breeze in the air; we were on the verge of summer. Everyday was the same except for one dreadful day when two removal men came to move all the jam-packed boxes and cases which were filled to the brim. The thing that I had feared for a long time was happening….