Grandpa Was a Mover – Original Writing
– Grandpa Was a Mover – Original Writing Grandpa was always on the move, and once he decided to go, he didn’t waste time looking back. This vital part of his character started at an early age. He was only four when his mother died, and as soon as he was old enough, he left Irwin, Missouri and traveled the world before settling in Kansas City in the early 1920’s. Emerson Moseley worked at the central office of the Postal Telegraph and received market closings from all satellite offices….
The Unmoved Mover: God in Aristotle’s Metaphysics
– For millennia, human beings have pondered the existence of supreme beings. The origin of this all-too-human yearning for such divine entities stems in part from our desire to grasp the truth of the cosmos we inhabit. One part of this universe physically surrounds us and, at the end of our lives, consumes us entirely, and so we return from whence we came. Yet there is another, arguably more eternal, part of the cosmos that, in some ways, is separable from the transient, material world we so easily perceive but that, in other ways, is inextricably linked to it by unexplored, divinable forces….
Malcolm X: Leader and Mover
– “Brothers. Brothers, please. This is a house of peace!” These were Malcolm X’s last words before he was assassinated. His childhood was a stressful start and his life ended in a tragedy. Malcolm Little was destined to become great, inspirational, a leader. He was a very smart kid, inspired others to be like him. Most will probably remember him as a threat, a criminal, and an outlaw; but when you observe the bright side of his life, his greatness tends to shine. Even though Malcolm X had a very difficult childhood, he deeply contributed to the Civil Rights Movement….
The Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God
– The Cosmological Argument attempts to prove that God exists by showing that there cannot be an infinite number of regressions of causes to things that exist. It states that there must be a final uncaused-cause of all things. This uncaused-cause is asserted to be God. Arguments like this are thought up to recognize why we and the universe exist. The Cosmological Argument takes several forms but is basically represented below. Cosmological Argument Things exist It is possible for those things not to exist Whatever has the possibility of non-existence, yet exists, has been caused to exist….
The Views of Aristotle’s Idea of the Prime Mover Vs. the Judaeo Christian’s Idea of God
– The Views of Aristotle’s Idea of the Prime Mover Vs. the Judaeo Christian’s Idea of God The traditional theist Judaeo Christian belief of God is in many ways very similar to Aristotle’s ideas and explanations of the Prime Mover. However, although very similar in many situations, the beliefs about God and the Prime Mover can also be very different and varied. Yet, both ideologies of theists God and Aristotle’s Prime Mover follow the same foundations – they are both eternal and responsible for change in the world….