A Career as an Airport Security Coordinator
– In today’s volatile aviation environment the best way for a commercial airport to be secure is to have the responsibility shared between the airport operator, air carriers, tenants and the transportation security administration (TSA). After “9/11” the security scenario in airports has been drastically changed and detailed comprehensive strategy is required to deal with increasing terrorism and hijacking threats. Because of all the terrorist attacks and threat, the protection of our airport’s security has needed to become more of a team effort, whereas both organizations and individuals come together and work as a team….
Outreach Coordinator for Christ UMC
– … After retirement, she most likely will continue to support individuals or organizations in the community and participate in service projects. Because of her impending retirement, she does not see herself furthering education either. Christ UMC does offer opportunities for their staff to have professional development and life-long learning workshops. At such programs, people have the unique chance to learn from others who are in the same or similar profession. Jeanna-Mar obtained her bachelors and masters in social work while in college….
Analysis of Company Planning to Move Overseas
– The XYZ, Inc. company is planning to move overseas to open up for the expansion of their business. The choice to expand may bring the company success or misfortune. The decision for organizational change as well as how using organizational life-cycle model for short-term and small-scale change for opening stores in Shanghai, China and for long-term would benefit the most through the use of Kotter’s eight-step model. This particular model of change will assist the organization be successful when opening the additional stores in Brazil, Russia, India, and China….
Job Shadow and Interview of Media Center Coordinator
– Ever since I was a senior in high school when I got the opportunity to be an intern at the elementary school library, I have found a niche in the library environment. On Friday, February fourteenth, I got the opportunity to interview and job shadow Amy Bowman, the Media Center Coordinator at Community Schools. By having both of these experiences with Amy, it really proved to me that I want to work in library sciences when I graduate from college. Amy began her post-secondary education at State University….
The Dynamics of Workplace Learning as a Rheumatology Clinical Coordinator
– … The opportunities made available to me are numerous. I can go online and take a course in any topic I desire. I can attend rheumatology conferences all over the United States. I get 100% reimbursement for college tuition (how great is this?). In the Boud & Middleton (2002) article “Who Do We Learn from at Work. Interlinked Communities of Practice and Informal Learning”, they researched the actual “what” context and “who” assisted with the learning process. Boud and Middleton claimed that there is a mixed range of people that we learn from at work, very few being recognized as teachers….