Career Field Analysis: Diesel Mechanic
– Ever since I could go with my dad in the tractors and equipment on the ranch, I knew I wanted to be a part of its operation. I have always been fascinated with the operations of diesel engine and much of a valuable asset they are to our world today. I helped out on the ranch whenever I could driving equipment. In the summer time it was my job to operate the swather. I really enjoyed operating it as much as I enjoyed fixing it when it broke down. When it came time to go to college the decision for a major was pretty clear….
– In 1903, William Harley (age 21), a draftsman, and his friend, Arthur R. Davidson, began Experimenting with ideas to design and build their own motorcycles. They were joined by Arthur’s brothers, William, a machinist, and Walter, a skilled mechanic. The Harley- Davidson Motor Company started in a lOxl5-foot shed in the Davidson family’s backyard in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This case was prepared by Professor Patricia A. Ryan of Colorado State. This case was edited for 5MBP and Cases in 5MBP-9th and 10th Edition….
The Physics of Motorcycle Roadracing
– Despite what some people may think, motorcycle roadracing is not only a highly strenuous sport, but there is much more involved than just twisting the throttle and turning the handlebars. There are a number of powerful forces working on the bike and the rider. There is, of course, the downward pull of gravity, friction between the tires and the track, and centrifugal force which acts to the outside of the turn. The key to cornering at high speeds is to perfect the lean angle of the motorcycle so that the force of gravity reaches equilibrium with the centrifugal force attempting to stand the bike back up….
Alisha Abdullah: India’s First and Only Female Motorcycle Racer
– … At 13, she won the MRF Indian National Go-Karting Championship (2) She also nailed the Top Novice award for National Formula 4 Auto Racing. Then she switched to bikes; running a Formula Car was just too expensive for her father, R.A. Abdullah. In addition, R.A., as a former motorcycle champion himself, always wanted his daughter to race bikes. Since then, her motorbike career is a matter of record. You can see a list of her accomplishments HERE. Advocacy for Women Racing Superbikes Alisha is a fervent promoter of women in superbike competition; both at home and abroad…. ;
Robert Pirsig’s Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
– Robert Pirsig’s Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values Confronting crises of technological annihilation and personal madness, Robert Pirsig finds each to be a manifestation of a deeper crisis of Reason. In response) he suggests an alternative to our current paradigm of rationality, the “art of motorcycle maintenance.” By showing that our understanding and performance derive from our emotional and evaluative commitments, he challenges the cultural commonplace which construes “subjective” states as distortions of “objective” reality…. ;