Motorcycle Drivers and Helmets
– As a motorcycle rider I know first-hand the importance of wearing helmets, not only for the driver but the passengers too. Last august I was in a motorcycle accident just down the road from my house. Not only have I been riding motorcycles for the past six years, but I have also had multiple safety driving courses from college and military. I never thought I would get into an accident especially just down the road from my house. I was driving at the speed limit and I had the right away when a woman pulled out in front of me and nearly took my life….
A Brief History of Motorcycle Clubs
– … In the same year some of the earliest known clubs , the New York Motorcycle Club combined with Alpha Motorcycle Club of Brooklyn to form The Federation of American Motorcycles (FAM). In article one section two of the FAM constitution reads “[The Federation’s] objects shall be to encourage the use of motorcycles and to promote the general interests of motorcycling; to ascertain, defend and protect the rights of motorcyclists; to facilitate touring; to assist in the good roads movement; and to advise and assist in the regulation of motorcycle racing and other competition in which motorcycles engage….
The Legendary Evel Knievel
– “He’s a motorcycle daredevil driver. All his life he’s been doing death defying feats. Death has nearly defied him several times. His longest jump was fifty yards, a fifty-yard jump over the fountains of Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. This jump did not go well. You may have read about it. Or seen some still photos of it. He has some film with him of what happened. He seems to spend his life, or what he has left of it, it sometimes seems to be, seeing what he can do to shorten it. Incredible things he does…… ;
Classification Essay – Evolution of the Motorcycle Rider
– Evolution of the Motorcycle Rider My first motorcycle was a Kawasaki Eliminator 250 street bike. I consider it to have been my training bike, and it was somewhat generic in the sense that it was not easily identifiable as a member of a specific style of motorcycle. And, more importantly, by associating with other riders, I realized that I was not easily identifiable as a member of a specific class of riders. Riders are a species all their own; and, though there are many sub-classes within a class, observation has shown that three main branches of evolution can account for most riders…. ;
Quality Control: Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig
– There exists one word that may just be the king of all misused words–the word that, more than any other, is used with complete disregard for and disinterest in its meaning. No, this is not a reference to literally, nor ‘legit,’ however deserving those words are of defense—this word is Quality. Some of the misuse lies in the basic distinction between quality and Quality with a capital ‘Q’, which can be cleared up quite succinctly. Little ‘q’ quality is attached to an object. It is the value of the object from a sum total of the value of the work that was put into it and of its composition…. ;