A Brief History of the Motion Picture Industry
– Motion Picture Film-making is both an art and an industry. Many people were credited for the invention of motion picture. Some major names associated with motion picture include, Thomas Edison, Eadweard Muybridge, and the Lumiere brothers. There were several stages in the making of motion picture. Thomas Edison was born on February 11, 1847, in Milan Ohio. He was and still is best remembered for his most popular invention, the light bulb. He died on October 18, 1931, in West Orange. Eadweard Muybridge was born on April 9, 1830, in Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom….
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
– The film I’m discussing is Star Trek: The Motion Picture. The film, which takes place in the 23rd century, is about the newly appointed Admiral Kirk and his crew taking back the Enterprise in order to stop a force that is threatening Earth. Although problematic with regards to gender issues, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, along with the original television show and the other movies, used aliens and the futuristic as a tool to examine race and sexuality issues in a way that hadn’t really been explored before in such a mainstream way….
The Program Motion Picture
– … This is civil court battle against the college and specific members of the football program. The second incident is when backup Quarterback ESU Bobby Collins has a girl Luanne the coach Winters daughter who had her under the impression that he had professed his love for her then convinces her to take an exam for him in a class that he was failing, She is caught along with Bobby Collins and are both promptly both expelled from the University. Coach Winters was infuriated when he finds out about the incident and has a meeting with Bobby Collins then informs him that he has been kicked off the team….
Motion Pictures with Sound
– Imagine a movie without any music. As Iron Man is about to save the world, all the background music disappears. Are the effects the same. Film composer Bernard Herrmann commented, “I feel that music on the screen can seek out and intensify the inner thoughts of the characters. It can invest a scene with terror, grandeur, gaiety, or misery…propel [a] narrative swiftly forward, or slow it down… [and] is the communicating link between the screen and the audience, reaching out and enveloping all into one single experience” (qtd….
Motion Picture Special Effects
– Motion Picture Special Effects “Special visual effects have added to the allure of motion pictures since the early days of cinema. French director Georges Melies is considered the most influential pioneer of special effects. His film “A Trip to the Moon” combined live action with animation, demonstrating to audiences that cinema could create worlds, objects, and events that did not exist in real life” (Tanis par. 1). Through examples of the new techniques and the movies where they were presented, this paper will detail the changes that special effects have seen over the last twenty-five years….