Analysis of Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara’s Famous Quotation
– Most things are paid for in words, and they alone can get you out of an insufferable situation. Secretary of Defense Robert Strange McNamara once said, “Coercion, after all, merely captures man. Freedom captivates him.” In order to grasp the meaning of this quotation, a judicious analysis with sharp observation of the events surrounding these words are required. It is necessary to provide a brief biography of Robert McNamara, an overview of the event that influenced the speech, a discussion of his intended audience and an overview of the speech itself…. ;
Pres. Bush’s service int he Texas Air National Guard
– Mass Comm. On September 8, 2004 60 Minutes hosted by CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather aired a show questioning President Bush’s service in the Texas Air National Guard. Rather interviewed Ben Barnes a former Texas House Speaker and Lt. Governor who testified that George W. Bush received special treatment by being admitted in to the Texas National Guard to avoid being drafted for the Vietnam War. Barnes a Democrat who was an active supporter in the Kerry campaign said Sid Adger a close friend to the Bush family asked him if he would recommend young George Bush to the Aired National Guard in order to prevent him from being shipped overseas….
Just a Few More Minutes: School Should Start Later in the Morning
– … Homework feels like a never ending cycle in a students life. Starting school later in the morning comes with disadvantages as well. A later start time means a later release time. Being let out of school later could make getting a job a little more difficult. Students could have trouble picking up hours at work. Schools starting later could also make it hard to get as much done in the evening. Although students would have more energy to get things done, they might just have the tendency to get less done….
The City of Opelika Zoning Board Meeting Minutes
– The City of Opelika Zoning Board of Adjustments held its regular monthly meeting on April 13, 2010 in the Public Works Conference Room located at the Public Works Facility, 700 Fox Trail. Certified letters were mailed out to all adjacent property owners for related issues. MEMBERS PRESENT: Anne Grady, Shirley Flora, George Dyar, John Frederick, Wilbert Payne MEMBERS ABSENT: Arturo Menefee STAFF PRESENT: Martin Ogren, Assistant Planning Director CALL TO ORDER: Chairman Dyar called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m….
The Changes of Womanhood in Marge Piercy‘s “The Secretary Chant”
– Marge Piercy’s “The Secretary Chant” begins the poem by describing different parts of her body as office supplies. In line one she states that “My hips are a desk.” In line two and three she says “From my ears hang/ chains of paper clips.”(2) In line four she also continues with “Rubber bands form my hair.”(3) I feel like Piercy’s goal by starting off the poem in this way, was to help emphasize the speakers frustrations toward her job right away. I also feel that by comparing the speakers body parts to office supplies, gives the feeling that the speaker is using a form of sarcasm; which explains how much her job is unwillingly becoming apart of her life….