Mountaintop Mining and Environmental and Energy Policy
– Mountaintop mining has been practiced in the United States since the 1960s, primarily in the Appalachian Mountains. The process involves removing all tress from the site, then the topsoil, and then using explosives to remove the remaining soil and rock to reveal coal. The coal is removed and processed, and then the mountaintop is “reclaimed” with soil or an appropriate substitute, and sometimes replanted.6 While mountaintop mining in the Appalachians is only a small percentage of coal produced by the United States, the issues surrounding it are complex and wide-ranging….
Web Mining Using Machine Learning: A Survey
– Abstract: Due with the exponential growth of information on the web, web is becoming the primary source of information for everyone. As the numbers of user increasing, organizations are making their data available on the web on daily basis. Web contains structured and unstructured information that can provide meaning full insight into the web data. Due to the sheer volume and dynamic nature of web data manual extraction of knowledge is an uphill task therefore an automatic information extraction techniques with good accuracy are needed to utilize the full potential of the web as information resource and organizing and describing the web content is essential….
Strip Mining Laws and The Broad Form Deed
– Today, coal powers over half of the electricity in the United States (“Razing Appalachia”). Over the course of many years, several different methods of mining coal have been introduced. The most controversial of these methods is surface mining, a form of mining that involves recovering minerals and ores that are very close to the exterior of the land. The two types of surface mining are strip mining and mountaintop removal. In strip mining, the overburden, several layers of dirt and/or rock are removed to reach the ore, mostly coal that is to be mined….
Mountaintop Removal Mining
– Appalachia, a vast, beautiful panoply of lush green mountains. At least, most of the thin line of peaks that make up the Appalachian Mountains used to be that way. Currently, the continued spread of a method of coal extraction known as mountaintop removal mining has plagued areas of the eastern United States, mainly including the state of West Virginia. Throughout its increasing stages of implementation, mountaintop removal mining has caused numerous hampering effects, including causing serious harm to nearby residents, and polluting a once-pure environment….
Physics of Mining
– Mining is a necessary component of the world we live in and it has been practiced for thousands of years. The mining industry produces billions of tons of raw product every year. The process of mining is very complicated and involves plenty of physics. Two main components of the mine cycle are: Drilling, and Blasting. Some important factors in mining are the pillars, rock elasticity, and the slope stability of the ground being mined. A basic method for destroying rock is mechanically induced stress, such as drills and erosion jets….