Mountaintop Mining and Environmental and Energy Policy
– Mountaintop mining has been practiced in the United States since the 1960s, primarily in the Appalachian Mountains. The process involves removing all tress from the site, then the topsoil, and then using explosives to remove the remaining soil and rock to reveal coal. The coal is removed and processed, and then the mountaintop is “reclaimed” with soil or an appropriate substitute, and sometimes replanted.6 While mountaintop mining in the Appalachians is only a small percentage of coal produced by the United States, the issues surrounding it are complex and wide-ranging….
A Career as a Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant
– Nursing RN and physician assistant are the two majors being researched for this paper because they are the two programs that I found most intriguing. I have an interest in these two majors because I wanted to help people in need and make society a stronger and healthier environment for everyone. I want to work with kids and help them not be afraid of doctors or receiving annual check-ups and be able to open up and let me help. The schools I have chosen are City College of San Francisco, Cleveland University, and University of Washington Seattle….
Strip Mining Laws and The Broad Form Deed
– Today, coal powers over half of the electricity in the United States (“Razing Appalachia”). Over the course of many years, several different methods of mining coal have been introduced. The most controversial of these methods is surface mining, a form of mining that involves recovering minerals and ores that are very close to the exterior of the land. The two types of surface mining are strip mining and mountaintop removal. In strip mining, the overburden, several layers of dirt and/or rock are removed to reach the ore, mostly coal that is to be mined….
Mountaintop Removal Mining
– Appalachia, a vast, beautiful panoply of lush green mountains. At least, most of the thin line of peaks that make up the Appalachian Mountains used to be that way. Currently, the continued spread of a method of coal extraction known as mountaintop removal mining has plagued areas of the eastern United States, mainly including the state of West Virginia. Throughout its increasing stages of implementation, mountaintop removal mining has caused numerous hampering effects, including causing serious harm to nearby residents, and polluting a once-pure environment….
The Dangers of Mining of Uranium in Australia
– Uranium has become a big issue as alternative energy resources in the future due to the shortage of fossil fuel as primary energy resources in the world. Australia is one of countries that have the largest uranium deposits in the globe. So, Australia has a big opportunity to make a lot of money from uranium exports to other countries. On the other hand, The Australian Government is still debating about this issue because of negative impact on uranium mining and exploration. For these reasons, some people believe that uranium mining has more positive impacts on economic such as, benefits from uranium exports and increase a new job opportunity….