Pit Bull Bans: The Biting Truth
– There are breeds that can be classified as outlaws. How can that be. It is like judging a book by its cover, and is not that frowned upon. Society has gone so far with this that there are even laws banning pit bulls in certain counties. Fines have been put in place and outrageous insurance policies must be purchased simply to own a dog. A dog is just that, a dog, until someone comes along and makes it into a monster. A dog may be bred to do something and can be trained to do an entirely different thing….
The Pit and the Pendulum
– The Pit and the Pendulum “The place where you die is where you become young again.” The accused in “The Pit and the Pendulum” is obviously being persecuted. For what religion or practice we do not know. For what crime it is not said. The prisoner does not even question his guilt or innocence. The accused in this story, to whom Poe does not give a name, is subjected to three life threatening situations. Poe, along with other English Romantics believed that being born was actually coming to the end of another existence….
Horace Miner’s Body Ritual Among the Nacirema
– Horace Miner’s Body Ritual Among the Nacirema In Horace Miner’s article, “Body Ritual Among the Nacirema”, he talks about a tribe and describes their odd behavior. He tells about how the tribe performs these strange daily rituals and how their peculiarity is extreme, but in fact he is actually speaking of Americans as a whole (Miner). Miner uses this style of writing to more effectively prove his point: that Americans are ethnocentric. Miner does an exceptional job in disguising the Nacirema as Americans….
The American Pit Bull Terrier Community
– American Pit Bull Terrier, with a firm muscular body prepared to attack at any moment; jaws of steel that have a death grip, and a bark just as intimidating as their appearance would make anyone terrified of this breed. With the media so fixated on the Pit Bull breed, these dogs have been given a reputation of being aggressive and vicious. They are never reported on the respectable acts they do. The consequence of the media’s excessive enthusiasm, and numerous reported dog bites, have some states sense they are a danger to the community and have banned the breed….
Banning Of Pit Bulldogs
– One of the most popular dogs owned by dog owners is the pit bulldog. They are said to have a friendly temperament and is remarked for being attached to their owners. Pit bull dogs are good pets, but they can cause severe problems if they are not trained correctly. Even with their friendly attitude towards human, they are aggressive and defensive towards their territory. This tends to threaten the society when considering how to control the pit bulls of mauling incidents. Pit bulldogs and other attack dogs should be banned to keep people safe from dog mauls in populated areas….