Influence of High Pressure Processing on Plant Based Food System
– … High pressure processing (HPP) provides an alternative means of killing bacteria that can cause spoilage or food-borne disease without a loss of sensory quality or nutrients. As seen in figure 1, HPP is typically undergoing four different stages: product loading, vessel pre-filling, pressurizing, and product unloading (Hiperbaric, 2012). At first, food products are packaged in the plastic pouch or bottle and are loaded in big metal baskets, which have holes in each side. The basket moves into the vessel, and vessels move to the high pressure chamber….
Grammatical Processing in Language Learners
– The keynote article “Grammatical processing in language learners” by Clahsen and Felser, aimed to compare the grammatical processing in adult native speakers, child first language learners, and adult second language learners (L2ers) (3). The authors examined works that observed the processing of morphology, ambiguous sentences, and syntactic dependencies before going into their general discussion in which they summarize the results and suggest the shallow structure hypothesis. The first topic looked at by Clahsen and Felser was morphological processing….
Gods of Metal: The Band Metalica
– “Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire”, if one doesn’t know where this famous lyric has come from, the band Metallica would be the answer. Metallica is a lethal, energetic, up tempo metal band that has been around since October 1, 1981. Screeching of the guitar, double bass pedal of the drums, deep noises of the bass, and a recognizable voice, Metallica is the only band where no band could do it any better. Metallica started out slow, overcame some obstacles and is still rocking out country to country today….
The Plant World
– Introduction Plants exhibit exceptionally intelligent behaviour when it comes to interactions with their environment. They can detect perceived threats, then convey warning signals to other plants via chemical signaling. Forewarned plants will then assemble their defenses against these potential threats, thus, increasing their chance of survival and reproduction. Communication and competition are common occurrences among the plant world. Another brilliantly, almost inconceivable capability plants possess is the ability to recognize coexisting family members within their home range….
Metal-Only Lewis Pairs with Transition Metal Lewis Basas
– … The IUPAC definition of dative bonds indicates two possible methods of identifying dative bonds. The first is whether one of the atoms is an acceptor and the other atom is a donor of elecetrons. The other is if the minimum-energy rupture pathway is heterolytic. Both methods have their flaws; the first is that Lewis base fragments may act in such a way or may be unstable if not in the presence of a Lewis acid. The second being that the gas-phase minimum-energy rupture concept requires that complexes be treated computationally but very few of these complexes have been calculated….