Cyberbullying, Mental Health and Prevention
– Cyberbullying is a widespread occurrence and can have incredibly serious consequences. According to Goebert and colleagues (2010), “Recent studies have shown that cyberbullying can result in emotional distress, depression, anxiety, and suicidality” (p. 1282). These adolescents do not have the necessary skills to cope with the abuse on their own, potentially causing them to turn to other activities for escape, such as self-injurious behaviors or drug use. Although these young victims feel as though they have no way out of their situation, only one in three victims told their parents about the attacks (Goebert et al, 2010, p….
A Substance Abuse Intervention for Pregnant Women
– Social History ( Vignette) Simone Harrison a 25 year old African American female, who is 6 months pregnant and unemployed, arrived at the University Hospital’s Women Clinic in Oakland, CA for prenatal care. Ms. Harrison made the appointment because she has not been feeling well lately. During the intake process , she discloses to the nurse that this is only her second visit to the doctor since finding out she was pregnant. Ms. Harrison’s records also contain information about her mental status, most notably that she was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2009….
Economic Decline on Mental Health
– Cause and Effect Economic Decline on Mental Health. When we hear the word Recession we automatically think money, unemployment, but what about the reality of the mental status of our generation that lived through the recession of 2008. What mental issues stem from the main issues of unemployment, and poverty due to the recession. What where the rising cost for mental health services due to the recession. Finally what will our generation carrying into the future due to living through the down turn of the economy….
Homelessness with Mental Illnesses in Crisis
– Nature of Crisis Mental health problems contribute to some homelessness exacerbating disturbances of a critical disposition. Homelessness is problematic without Mental Health issues and can be harder to treat without the added disparity. Homelessness and mental health issues can induce crisis alone and combined. The combination of these two issues can worsen disruption leading to greater chance of crisis. Roberts (2005) states that there must be an ongoing balance of affect and cognitive abilities available to counter stressful incidents that could lead to crisis….
Mental Health Equality
– Mental Health Equality People with serious socio-emotional and emotional disturbances are challenged in many aspects of life. Historically people of color with serious mental health related issues had little assistance and chances to having their needs met equally to Whites. In order to properly or adequately address the emotional and mental wellbeing of everyone on an equal basis, the stigma association must be removed from people of color. Mental Health Perspective In order to function well mentally one is perceived to have a healthy mental perspective….