Sexism in the Media
– One thousand years go by and an abundant amount of people still view women in a stereotypical type of way. On the opposing view, if women did not overstretch the slightest of things, this wouldn’t be such an enormous issue. Women may be overreacting to what the media has to say about them. It is not affecting everybody but a vast majority of successful women from continuing to moving forward said Marianne Schnall. Important to realize, women are capable of doing jobs men can do. Such jobs as being an engineer, physician, mechanic, lawyer and even top notch business women….
Boredom Due to Media in Society
– … Theres nothing for us to do outside of school. My mum had youth clubs, sports stuff and drama when she was young, but we’ve got nothing.” Billing unknowingly touches on a widely discussed topic, that gives myself insight onto to not only what she thinks but also what I agree with. She does not blame a particular sex in the matter just the situation itself. With the media surrounding us, more and more girls are looking towards celebrity sex, style and size culture as their inspiration. “The obsession with celebrity culture and the pressure on younger and younger girls to become sexulised” at a rate not needed for 12-16 year olds….
Privacy Rights and Social Media
– A person’s right to privacy is being challenged with the high use of social media such as Facebook and Twitter. What used to be considered part of your personal life is not so personal anymore. When one chooses to share details about ones-self to their friends via a social media, they are not always thinking about the “other” people. The other people could be ones current boss or future employer. Other people could be a school official, your baseball coach, your friends’ mother; you name it the list goes on and on….
– Interview Subject Description The purpose of this interview is to discover how people obtain information about current events and to determine whether people use different sources for types of news. A test subject was interviewed for forty five minutes via Skype and asked a series of questions about his news seeking habits. The subject, a male in his mid-fifties, participated in the interview. Employed as a letter carrier with Canada Post for the past thirty years, he is a Canadian citizen residing in British Columbia….
Digital Media’s Positive Effects on Online Interviews
– Digital media is “a form of electronic media where data is stored in digital (as opposed to analog) form. It can refer to the technical aspect of storage and transmission (e.g. hard disk drives or computer networking) of information or to the “end product”, such as digital video, augmented reality or digital art. Florida’s digital media industry association, Digital Media Alliance Florida, defines digital media as “the creative convergence of digital arts, science, technology and business for human expression, communication, social interaction and education”….