The Mystic Masseur by V.S. Naipaul
– Identity into today’s social networking world is very important. Who you are, and who your friends are has become ever more important in today’s super connected world. The twentieth century based film “The Mystic Masseur” by Ismail Merchant which is based on the novel The Mystic Masseur by V.S. Naipaul is a coming of age story that deals with the search for identity. The protagonist, Ganesh in Mystic Masseur is searching for who he is and faces unique obstacles in becoming himself. The Mystic Masseur by V.S….
The Internet and Its Effects on Education and Academics
– What makes the Internet so appealing. Whether it is it the fact that it has almost every answer to every problem or that the Internet provides its users with a virtual reality to be whoever they so choose, the Internet can be regarded (by some) as something that has advanced the human race into a new age while others see the Internet as an infernal contraption that has ruined society. Although there are two sides to the debate to as whether or not the Internet can be seen as something useful or harmful when preparing college students for their careers, the resolution should be that a professor ought to issue assignments over the course of the semester requiring the students to use the librar…
The study of Massage/ Kinesiology
– There are many aspects on the study and meaning of kinesiology. Some of these ways are; applied kinesiology, kinesiology medicine research, and specialized and energy kinesiology. The study kinesiology and massage therapy is believed to go hand and hand. Many will say that without the proper knowledge of kinesiology and muscle movements, you can not provide a patent with all that is needed for a proper massage. As we approach new years, many individuals are increasing their concern in health. With the healing arts increasing in popularity, individuals don’t understand the need for well-rounded therapist….
India’s Service Industry
– Would you pay for something that you can’t take home with you. Something that even when have you really don’t. Something that is intangible but is perishable, i.e. if “it” doesn’t get sold within a certain period of time, it disappears. If the question sounds funny, think again. When you fly from Chennai to Bangalore, do you carry the seat back with you home even though you paid for it, you actually bought that seat, not rented it or leased it but actually bought a seat in the plane, Still at the end of the flight the seat isn’t yours to take home…. ;
Feminism and the Movie Industry
– Feminism has been a huge challenger towards the film industry over the years. Feminism is a movement that supports women equality within society. In relation to film, feminism is what pushes the equal representation of females in mainstream films. Laura Mulvey is a feminist theorist that is famous for touching on this particular issue of how men and women are represented in movies. Through her studies, she discovered that many films were portraying men and women very differently from reality. She came up with a theory that best described why there is such as huge misrepresentation of the social status quos of male and female characters…. ;