The Sacrifices of a Filipino Marine Engineer
– An engineer has a minimum of 11-12hrs working in the engine room before they shift to other engineers, in 12hrs of working inside the engine room; they were exposed in different kinds of chemicals and in a very high temperature under the engine room, Engine rooms are commonly hot that is why we can’t prevent this accidents, and a very hot temperature can cause a severe damage to the person if it will not be cured instantly. Chemicals also are harmful to engineers; a wrong move can cost your life in danger….
Marine Engineers and Military Workers
– … You must be able to give clear instructions and explain difficult concepts when leading teams of professionals on projects. ME’s and NA’s must employ ops analysis to create a design that will perform the ship’s functions and then be able to employ skills of critical thinking to expect and fix any mistakes before the ship is built or set to sea. ME’s and NA’s must also be able to meet with clients to discuss their needs for ship systems. Engineers must also be able to discuss progression with clients to keep redesign options open before the project gets too far for them to fix it….
The Engineer Extraordinaire
– An engineering career can give options to a college-graduate that are hard to match. Engineering is a rewarding career path that requires hard work, and dedication. The hard work of a prospective engineer can be shown in the benefits he receives upon entering the workforce. For example, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the starting salaries of engineers are among the highest in the nation (“Engineers”, 2012, para. 4). Good things come to those who work hard. Mechanical Engineering Information.com would agree in mentioning that because engineering is so applicable to everyday situations, engineers can find work almost anywhere (“Mechanical Engineering salary”, 2012)….
Statement of Motivation as an Aerospace Engineer
– I aspire to gain academic and research experience in the area of Aerospace Engineering and I believe that the graduate program in Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang Technical University in collaboration with TU Munich offers me a good opportunity to learn and work with some of the most renowned faculty in these areas. I have developed keen interest in mechanical sciences especially in the areas of finite element methods, aerodynamics and CAD during my under graduation in Mechanical Engineering (B.Tech) at Amrita University which evolved further when I joined Infosys as a Design Engineer….
The Marine Assault on Tinian
– Introduction Tinian is a small island in the Marianas group lying approximately 3,500 miles west of Hawaii and 1,400 miles southeast of Tokyo Japan. The island was discovered by Ferdinand Magellan who landed on the island of Guam first in 1521. The island remained under Spanish control for centuries. Tinian remained under Spanish control until the Spanish-American war of 1898, when the American cruiser USS Charleston entered the harbor in Guam to claim that island. Spain took notice at the end of the war and sold the remaining islands of the Marianas to include Tinian to Germany….