Research Report on Toyota Motor Corporation: Importance of Integrated Production System in a Manufacturing firm to Improve Productivity
– 1. Introduction The main idea of this work is to examine the importance of the integrated production system and its implementation in the manufacturing industry. This can be applied in Toyota Motor Corporation a multinational corporation in automotive manufacturing industry operating all over the world. In the area of production and operation management system, various researchers and experts (Groover, 2007; Metaxiotis, et al., 2001; Lejtman, et al. 2002) have researched the notion of integrated production system over a long period of time, thus it has achieved an extensive attention all over the world, especially in the manufacturing industry….
Strategy in Global Manufacturing
– Introduction The trend in the global manufacturing industry focuses its attention on bringing manufacturing back to the United States, known as reshoring. The major cause for this decision is mainly due to the rising labor cost that occurs in places like Vietnam, China and other outsourcing countries. As NPR News stated, “… at least 200 companies have already returned, and there’s been a dramatic jump recently in the number of companies saying they’re seriously thinking about [reshoring] .” According to the Wall Street Journal, the increase in labor cost was made by the government to boost the domestic consumption and economy without relying too much on export ….
Gap Analysis for Manufacturing Company
– Riordan Manufacturing has been through several strategic changes in its marketing and manufacturing efforts, which have significantly decreased employee retention. In performing an employee survey this decrease in retention has been attributed to a decrease in overall job satisfaction, specifically in the areas of compensation and benefits. Riordan’s current rewards program is not based on performance, but instead recognizes aspects, such as cost-of-living increases, seniority, and position despite recent performance data identifying most of its employees as mid-tier performers and a small group that is not performing well at all…. ;
The Employment Relationship in the Manufacturing Sector
– Introduction “Manufacturing industry refers to those industries which involves in the manufacturing and processing items and indulge in either creation of new commodities or in the value addition. The manufacturing industry accounts for a significant share of the industrial sector in developed countries. The final product can either serve as finished good for sale to customer or as intermediate goods used in the production process” (Economicwatch, 2010). In short, manufacturing industry is a diverse sector in which one can wide range of industries from technology to various creative activities…. ;
Why Manufacturing System is so Important?
– … In manually operated machine, the operators work without a machine, but using hand tools and manual material handling. In a semi-automated machine, the operators working with machine, but still using manual material handling. Fully automated means all production processes carried out by the machines. There are several methods of production in manufacturing systems based on the amount of products. Job shop has produced small amounts for specific and customized products. The layouts of facilities used for job shop are fixed position and process layout…. ;